Question on what to buy?!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2016 6:28 PM

So i have around 100$ left over from Christmas and im stuck on what I should buy. Im thinking about getting bars but with 100$ what will change my geometry up the best (cant get a frame) SO are bars my best option? My current setup im too hunched forward all the time and my back always hurts no matter what. So bars or is their anything else i can get to really make the bike feel taller other than a frame. Thanks

|

1/5/2016 6:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2016 8:06 PM

How much higher do you want tho? You might be able to just add 1 or 2 spacers if you have enough room for like $5

|

1/5/2016 7:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2016 7:38 PM

Looks like you already have a top load, so taller bars would be the best thing. Your bars appear to be 8.6" rise, so going 9", or taller rise will definitely be more comfortable.

How tall are you currently?

|

1/5/2016 7:53 PM

Spend like $4 on spacers to raise your bars then spend the other $96 on candy

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

1/5/2016 8:09 PM

I'd say buy a topload but if you have one already then buy bars . go bigger because you can always buy a frontload stem if the bars are too big but if the bars are still too small you'll have to buy another set . I run a frontload and 10" and it's comfy but I might buy a frontload , I hate them though but I like a high end.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/6/2016 4:41 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

Looks like you already have a top load, so taller bars would be the best thing. Your bars appear to be 8.6" rise, so going 9", ...more

Im 6"2 and thats what i was thinking around 9.5 or so. Thanks for the suggestion

|

1/6/2016 7:28 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

Looks like you already have a top load, so taller bars would be the best thing. Your bars appear to be 8.6" rise, so going 9", ...more

gagepamer7 wrote:

Im 6"2 and thats what i was thinking around 9.5 or so. Thanks for the suggestion

What stem do you have? Im 6'3 and have gone from 8.5", 9",9.5",9",9.25" and now on 8.85" rise bars. I have a profile push stem but recently went to a fit high top as I wanted less reach and a little more rise(36mm rise vs 32mm oush) and it is perfect. I find I have more pop and control with the slightly shorter front end while with the bigger bars gave me more torque but less control.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

1/6/2016 10:28 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

gagepamer7 wrote:

If you want to change the most geometry possible you could get forks with a different offset and then add spacers to make the bars higher.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

1/6/2016 11:11 AM

Kids on here can't save worth shit can they , save a few more hundred bucks then order stuff , much more worth it

|

1/6/2016 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2016 3:59 PM

gagepamer7 wrote:

I'm 6'3" and first had some Hoder High 9" bars with my set-up, but really felt like an added inch would be perfect (Yep... that's what she said) and that was with a 6mm taller steerer tube and a 10mm spacer... Picked up some 10" Fu-Bars and couldn't be happier.

I was also very close to getting the Fit Savage bar with the 9.85" rise and 4° upsweep (Made in USA). Definitely check them out: http://fitbikeco.com/shop/bars/savage-bar/

If you end up getting bars that are too tall you could always flip your top load/ get a front load, or I still have those Hoder High 9" bars that are basically brand new I can trade you... lol

|

1/7/2016 4:26 PM

Bigger bars (or spacers) and a longer reach stem (TL)

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

1/8/2016 4:42 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Kids on here can't save worth shit can they , save a few more hundred bucks then order stuff , much more worth it

I dont get money often. Especially a "few hundred bucks" I get a hundred bucks around birthday and christmas and thats it. Saving enough to get a frame or bike would take years. And thats a waste

|