Quick chain question

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2013 10:53 PM

Can you use a 3/32 chain on a regular bmx bike? I accidentally ordered it and I know 3/32 is meant for racing. So would I have problems?

|

8/17/2013 10:55 PM

as long as the teeth on your sprocket and driver are 3/32 then you're fine. otherwise you need a new chain

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/17/2013 11:03 PM

Dang. Its just a stock sprocket and driver so I'm guessing 1/8. But there's absolutely no way of making it work?

|

8/17/2013 11:09 PM

You could try to file/grind the teeth on your sprocket driver thinner so they are only 3/32 but thats gonna take a long time and you risk destroying the alignment on them or making them too weak. Just get a new chain

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/17/2013 11:18 PM

Will buy a new a chain. And thanks, end of thread.

|

8/18/2013 2:30 PM

You might be able to send it back?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/18/2013 5:10 PM

What type of stock sprocket?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/18/2013 5:47 PM

@dave I'm seeing if I still can.

@Max its a Kink decimal sprocket 25t

|

8/18/2013 6:46 PM

Who did you get it from?

There might be a small shipping charge to send it back, but usually there isn't if it has not been opened or installed.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/18/2013 7:00 PM

I got it from ebay for $6 haha. But I decided on giving it to a friend. He could use it. Would you know if the Amber 500 chain is any good? Seems good for the price. Or maybe just a kmc 410.

|

8/18/2013 8:38 PM

Fearthepeople wrote:

I got it from ebay for $6 haha. But I decided on giving it to a friend. He could use it. Would you know if the Amber 500 chain ...more

I ran an Amber 500 chain for a long time! My bro is still using it. But i looked up pics of that sprocket, and it looks like itd work man. Give it a try, might as well! haha You can always go to walmart too! No shame in a walmart chain! Same thing as a KMC honestly. If you want THE BEST chain, either get a KMC Kool chain or KMC Dropbuster. I have run all kinds of chains and the Kool chain is my favorite.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.