Quick question. Urgent - taking off tibias

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2015 2:13 PM

Cleaning my bike since I'm bored as hell right now and I've lossened the crank bolt and then took this little part out but I can't get the crank arm off itself?

|

2/17/2015 2:15 PM

Photo

That's what came out of the crank arm

This is the inside
Photo

|

2/17/2015 2:29 PM

Thread that crank bolt back in half way and then hit it with a rubber mallet. This will push your spindle and help remove the crank.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/17/2015 2:45 PM

Well that didn't work. Do you mean thread it in halfway and then hit the bolt with a mallet? And now I have no idea how to disassemble my demolition rouge because ok trying to clean it. How do I take it apart?
Photo

|

2/17/2015 2:56 PM

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

2/17/2015 2:59 PM

Yes that is exactly me right now lol

|

2/17/2015 3:51 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Thread that crank bolt back in half way and then hit it with a rubber mallet. This will push your spindle and help remove the crank.

I dont know why people choose to do this, you can easily damage the threads on the bolt and axle. OP, if you arent sure of what to do, leave it alone before you create any problems.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/17/2015 6:58 PM

Don't fuck with it too much.

First, take some 3 in one oil and put it on the stuff so it fixes the rustiness a little to help it loosen. WD40 isn't gonna work (well) so don't do that.

Then you're gonna need a new crank puller. Should be one on danscomp or something for 22mm spindles. Or try and take a brass rod and stick it in there and pound it pretty hard until it comes off.

Then buy Thunderbolts instead of stupid splined cranks because splines are inferior. I have Thunderbolts and they're easily the best cranks ever. I hated my spline cranks

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/17/2015 7:26 PM

THERES A FUCKING CRANK INSTALL/REMOVAL TOOL GET THE FUCK OFF THIS FORUMS IF YOU CANT FUCKING UDERSTAND BASIC CRANK INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL OKAY YOU LITTLE VAGINA BABY!?

|

2/17/2015 7:31 PM

R u mad bro ^? Haha foreal I learned half the things i know by trial and error I have fucked up some parts.. but oh well better then paying a pos shop to rip you off. But just leave it as is, less of a headache. Good luck

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

2/17/2015 7:35 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

R u mad bro ^? Haha foreal I learned half the things i know by trial and error I have fucked up some parts.. but oh well better then paying a pos shop to rip you off. But just leave it as is, less of a headache. Good luck

nah for real do, i dont wanna be a dick to this guy he seems chill,

the tibias come with an uninstall tool, basically do what chris suggested just in a safer and less rough manner, but you still get to bash things with a ammer which is fun, if you don't have that then i honestly dont know but i imagine you could pick one up from dans for like $10.. otherwise unless you really need them off just leave them on.. no need to dick around thats how i usually break shit.

|