Quick question foot placement

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2016 11:38 AM

hey guys so finally got my bmx bike thanks again to everyone that helped me i just wanted to ask what the best way to put your foot placement would be so i used to skateboard and was goofy so would i have right put forward on the bike? I also tried left foot forward and they both feel ok so idk which i should stick with if anyone has advice thanks

|

3/19/2016 12:18 PM

Technically you should be right foot forward. But it doesn't matter, just ride however feels more comfortable. There isn't a wrong or right really

|

3/19/2016 12:27 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Technically you should be right foot forward. But it doesn't matter, just ride however feels more comfortable. There isn't a ...more

Hey man thanks for your help on my other posts and say i did left forward i would 180 towards my left foot right? and if doing tailwhips you kick the frame with your back right foot correct?

|

3/19/2016 1:03 PM

see you in lumbridge lol

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

3/19/2016 1:30 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Technically you should be right foot forward. But it doesn't matter, just ride however feels more comfortable. There isn't a ...more

Runescape wrote:

Hey man thanks for your help on my other posts and say i did left forward i would 180 towards my left foot right? and if doing ...more

Generally you'd spin away from your front foot. So if you're right foot forward, you'd spin left. But again, it doesn't matter too much, there's quite a few riders that spin toward there front foot.
Same with tailwhips really, normally you'd kick it round with your back foot. If you do it the other way it's referred to as downside, which is normally the unnatural way, but it's whatever feels more comfortable/you find easier

|

3/19/2016 2:11 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Generally you'd spin away from your front foot. So if you're right foot forward, you'd spin left. But again, it doesn't matter ...more

gotcha so i tried going fakie and can only do it for like 2 secs lol so hard also tried the motion for tailwhip and can barely make the frame do a 360 lol....

|

3/19/2016 2:30 PM

Everything takes time, just enjoy messing about and everything else will follow

|

3/19/2016 3:25 PM

As you begin riding more often it will just come to you. Try bunny hops or jumps with one foot forwards and if that doesn't feel comfortable, try the other foot. But really, it comes with time, not a very long period of time if you ride often, either.

Also, what Steve said is true. Sometimes the foot placement norm for natural tricks won't actually be your natural. Just mess around, you'll figure it out soon enough.

Happy riding!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/22/2016 9:42 AM

just throwing this out cause i had a weird thing.

When already rolling I ride right foot forward, but to get going I use left.
i have trouble kicking it off with my right. tried doing it a few times and my balance goes all over the place, and it's really awkward. going to practise right foot starts on principle, but left feels natural.

and...when rolling left foot forward is uncomfortable ; p

so do whatever feels natural ftw! tongue

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

3/22/2016 11:33 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

That means I am all kinds of screwed up tongue

I am left foot forward on a bike, spin more comfortably to the right, but goofy on skateboards and snowboards.

I also cannot peg wheelie with my left foot on the peg. Gotta be both or right. Then for flatland spinning I go left.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/22/2016 2:08 PM

haha you're naturally....all over the place sideways

OP is going to end up like an octopus, appendages performing complex tasks everywhere...but at least he can see everyone is different lol

vague curiosity, are you ambidextrous? (just wondering cause there's some things i can't do with my right hand, like use a spoon, and left hand, like throw a ball straight. friend says i might be naturally left handed but was forced to be right since my handwriting (right hand) is awful pinch )

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

3/22/2016 3:45 PM

deepdiarrhea wrote:

haha you're naturally....all over the place sideways

OP is going to end up like an octopus, appendages performing complex tasks ...more

Nope, not at all. Handwriting is extra awful for my left, and I can't throw to save my life left handed.

I can bar both ways and for a while had whips both ways to either over frame or 1 foot on the frame (bad habit, DON'T START IT)

I'm oddly better with shirt buttons using my left hand, but I am right handed.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/22/2016 3:46 PM

I also Manual a quarter to the left, but 540 tire tap to the right. Bar to manny to the left and throw it left handed.

Holy crap. I am so screwed up.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura