Quitting 20"

Related:
Create New Tag

6/28/2019 6:24 AM

Well I broke my leg a couple of weeks back. With my career choice and me moving soon I can't afford to get hurt anymore so I'm peacing out of trick riding. Plan to keep some parts and build a 26" Fairdale Taj so I can still kinda stay in the lifestyle

Photo

|

6/28/2019 6:28 AM

that sucks man. but the Taj is such a sweet fucking bike.

|

It’s all bmx

6/28/2019 6:35 AM

awww.... man. Sucks dude. What were you doing when it happened? Any chance flatland is less brutal?

|

6/28/2019 6:50 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

awww.... man. Sucks dude. What were you doing when it happened? Any chance flatland is less brutal?

Nosie down a ledge, not even anything big but i didn't bail right to say the least. I can't even think of doing flatland haha, I'd probably hurt myself worse

|

6/28/2019 6:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2019 6:51 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

that sucks man. but the Taj is such a sweet fucking bike.

Yeah I've always wanted one, this is a good excuse to get one now lol

|

6/28/2019 7:34 AM

Dude, that's not a riding career-ending injury. I had the same thing happen before I even got back onto a BMX. Give it time to heal, don't skip physical therapy, and heal up!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/28/2019 8:00 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Dude, that's not a riding career-ending injury. I had the same thing happen before I even got back onto a BMX. Give it time to heal, don't skip physical therapy, and heal up!

Yeah I know dude. It's not even a riding career ending injury but the issue is I can't work as a nurse if I do this again. I just have way too much on the line at this point to risk bmx injuries at this point. I've broken my jaw twice, sprains and all that. And I can still get my kicks on the 26".

|

6/28/2019 8:53 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

Yeah I know dude. It's not even a riding career ending injury but the issue is I can't work as a nurse if I do this again. I just have way too much on the line at this point to risk bmx injuries at this point. I've broken my jaw twice, sprains and all that. And I can still get my kicks on the 26".

Ahhh ok, I totally understand.

If you're going into nursing, you're probably gonna spend LOOOTS of time on your feet (when I see nurses get onto the subway I always give up my seat. I can't imagine doing that)

Didn't realize you had so many previous injuries, so I fully support your decision. It's actually impressive to me that you have the presence of mind as a younger guy to make that decision.

Good luck man, and the Taj is one of my dream bikes. Still totally shreddable.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/28/2019 9:53 AM

Thanks bro I appreciate it

|

6/28/2019 11:18 AM

Even if I broke a leg I’d quit my career before I’d quit riding

|

6/28/2019 11:21 AM

eskimojay wrote:

You must love being able to pay rent and bills then........

|

6/28/2019 2:25 PM

eskimojay wrote:

If you make sure you take out some insurance, and/or find an employer that gives you decent sick pay then it’s all good. I agree somewhat with your statement, I wouldn’t stop riding because of injuries, unless those injuries themselves physically stopped me. but I am also aware of my responsibilities as an adult so make sure I’m covered Incase a have to have some time off work!

|

6/28/2019 2:34 PM

Sad to see, but I can definitely commend your career journey.

|

6/28/2019 2:45 PM

eskimojay wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

Having good insurance does make it a breeze

|

6/28/2019 7:48 PM

eskimojay wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Having good insurance does make it a breeze

But if you quit your job, once you’re healed you won’t have an income.

|

6/29/2019 5:54 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I'd be ok with that sentiment if I didn't unfortunately work jobs that require me to be up and moving all day

|