R.I.P. SNAFU

Related:
Create New Tag

7/6/2012 12:53 PM

If you havent herd you might as well know now. I was reading the latest issue of Ride bmx and in the sponsor block it said exactly this, "Matt Bishoff is the new brand manager, replacing Snafu's creator McGoo, after he sold the brand to Hypers Clay Goldsmid."

Yes The Hyper we see at walmart has bought Snafu...

You will become one of the hated brands like Mongoose and parts of DiamondBack.

R.I.P. SNAFU

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/6/2012 12:57 PM

Not really a surprise lol. Haven't seen anything from them for a while.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/6/2012 12:59 PM

Has snafu ever been that influental anyway lol

|

Startin a new team of BMX lesbians called Bikes N Dykes

7/6/2012 1:00 PM

oh well

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

7/6/2012 1:02 PM

Mr.Buck Nasty wrote:

Has snafu ever been that influental anyway lol

ya but they did make nice parts

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/6/2012 1:28 PM

Snafu is already a hated brand.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

7/6/2012 1:38 PM

Austin_Read wrote:

Snafu is already a hated brand.

only good thing they make is the gyro parts and blake said his forks were good until he snapped them

|

parkrat.

7/6/2012 1:42 PM

I fear Harry Main may become the next Mike Spinner.

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

7/6/2012 6:47 PM

ooh hyper's a walmart bike. big fucking deal. spinner's signature frame (not complete) is made by solid in the U.S. snafu has been hated for some time now. maybe now that a company with some money to throw around like hyper owns it, and with a legit dude like the beard running it, hopefully now they'll rise above you fucking haters

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

7/6/2012 7:57 PM

Snafu will make a rise. I ran the forks for three years at least and i bought them off a pro used. my buddys had his snafu bars for four years now. with hypers cash behind them they should take off.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/6/2012 8:01 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

harry mains how-to's are hilarious

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

7/6/2012 8:02 PM

I think the OP has no clue who Bishoff is. Please, feeble-to-face a few more times.

|

7/6/2012 9:06 PM

"You will become one of the hated brands like Mongoose and parts of DiamondBack."

you're an idiot.

|

7/6/2012 10:44 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

"You will become one of the hated brands like Mongoose and parts of DiamondBack."

you're an idiot.

thank u

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

7/6/2012 10:48 PM

so, snafu is owned by hyper, so what?

dk is owned by huffy (i believe) and they still make legit stuff.

|

7/6/2012 10:57 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

you're an idiot.

beat me too it,

but ive never ran snafu anything, why is it so hated?

|

✞ ♕ ⓄⒻⓌⒼⓀⓉⒶ ♕ ✞
email: nctesio@gmail.com
EPIC bikecheck!
FOLLOW ME @nathanxflex
Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try. No hell below us, Above us only sky - John Lennon
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit

7/6/2012 11:00 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

carjakester wrote:

yes! i love the barspin one!

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

7/6/2012 11:27 PM

i had teh bar ends but shit, how can you judge a company by there bar ends lmao.

|

I ride a: Cult
why do I ride?:peer pressure

7/7/2012 5:54 AM

who even cares, fuck em

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

7/7/2012 7:48 AM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

carjakester wrote:

Harry's How-To's:

1. Get on your bicycle.
2. *shows you how to do that trick, then proceeds to awkwardly talk and give strange advice for the next 4 minutes or so*

|

7/7/2012 9:55 AM

Snafu never really made good parts, honestly. And I don't think Diamondback is a terrible brand-- at least you can't find there stuff at Wal Mart. I was surprised when I walked into a Wal Mart a few weeks ago and saw a complete section dedicated to DK bikes and parts. Felt slightly disappointed, but hey... at least now you can go to Wal Mart and pick up a DK random wrench lol!

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

7/7/2012 1:34 PM

JonathanAllen wrote:

Snafu never really made good parts, honestly. And I don't think Diamondback is a terrible brand-- at least you can't find there stuff at Wal Mart. I was surprised when I walked into a Wal Mart a few weeks ago and saw a complete section dedicated to DK bikes and parts. Felt slightly disappointed, but hey... at least now you can go to Wal Mart and pick up a DK random wrench lol!

DK is OK. it is just that Walmart sells them so it kinda gave them a bad name. and i said parts of Diamondback because they may not be sold at Walmart but they are sold at sports authority witch is just as bad.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

7/8/2012 2:23 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Snafu will make a rise. I ran the forks for three years at least and i bought them off a pro used. my buddys had his snafu bars for four years now. with hypers cash behind them they should take off.

Totally agree some of these companies need the bigger backin to get more notice=more riders & so what if there a $150 model of bike & a $700 didnt gt do that for years it just goes to shows some peoples parents buy there shit for them& there in it till the next x-box game drops

|

REFS= jakesalbert(x2), ride stoned(x2), ron44ald, fsearles, Warchol2(x2), the Balt(x2), jb07(x4), Riverside rider, Truebikerface, Droogskull, sandysik6six(x2), ryanxanimalbmx(x4), ScramHype(x5), CustomS&Mryder, Perkins94(x4), milou, ecuadevil(x9), Dee Hos(x5), Bmxryder2001, Netty Speghetti, Superstar DK(x7), Bstick(x3), iibmxii(x2), trentydoo, A08(x4), White Knight, Tito24(x2), Piffery, Pcoco(x2), Patriotsfan11, 562_rider, blaine80, joe dirt, ninjacat33, tinybikerider33, Bmxscout48, fly for life, Mnsketch, Night Light, Creativebmx, Verdecustom, KWC92, louie101202(x2), lilrider187, calirider89, EatMyButt, asilva23, kurtnut, motogrizz, disdiqqq, adam1234, four, Zackhendrix....txt 402-659-414three......... my most valued possession is my dark black past

7/8/2012 11:39 AM

If a kid gets into bmx because their folks picked up a $150.00 Diamond Back what's the problem? Then if the kid gets some skill, and stays with bmx he can move on to a higher end bike. It may even be another DB. their high end stuff is as good as any brand.

|

7/8/2012 4:27 PM

exactly, i started on a 120 quid diamonback from like 99 that i got at halfords for my 7th bday. it was surprisingly ahead of its time, topload step, widish bars, light, railed seat. anyway i got that out when i was...15-6 and pissed around for a year, learned to hop high, 180...bought my 2010 vex...now im where i am with my full custom

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

7/8/2012 8:24 PM

I don't hate all diamondback just parts of it. I started out on a mongoose like most people.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

7/8/2012 8:32 PM

Showtime402 wrote:

Totally agree some of these companies need the bigger backin to get more notice=more riders & so what if there a $150 model of bike & a $700 didnt gt do that for years it just goes to shows some peoples parents buy there shit for them& there in it till the next x-box game drops

your bike looks epic. . . How much does it weigh and how much did it cost you?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

7/8/2012 9:01 PM

DK is at walmart too.

I see this as a possible good thing. It could bring more exposure to BMX by way of some well known brands being at walmart, getting those kids who have parents who think a bmx bike is anything without gears and 20 inch wheels.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura