R.I.P Solid bike co.

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2014 3:27 PM

Done making steel hard goods, focusing on frame building pieces. Sad times.

|

11/13/2014 4:08 PM

Thatys their frames. They buy the parts that are part of frames that FBM and others weld up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/13/2014 4:14 PM

Looking forward to seeing those stems and sprockets though. I´ll have to pick up a Solid frame one of these days. I always liked the Killing Machine.

|

Refs: Ecuadevil, Rollin'on20's, Obiwan Chromoly(x2), Future_D, Joe_Medina, bobPA

11/13/2014 4:25 PM

OK. So we moved from Sacramento, California to Corvallis, Oregon. After 25 years of living in the same place I decided it was time for a change. But its not like I can just pack up my hatchback and hit the road. I have three kids, a wife and a shop full of machines, materials and tools. I had been spread too thin for too long trying to do Solid brand parts, frame, crank and handlebar production for other companies as well as running CNC machines making headtubes, bbs, stems, sprockets, etc. Can't do it all, so I am officially out of the frame, crank and handlebar business. Downsized to a small shop with the CNC machines and myself. I am putting all my energy and focus into frame building parts and possibly stems and sprockets. Thanks for all the support over the last 19 years and am really looking forward to the new version of Solid.

Straight from the man himself.

|

11/13/2014 4:29 PM

damn this blows. at least they aint gone for good

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/13/2014 5:22 PM

rip sad

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/13/2014 6:03 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

OK. So we moved from Sacramento, California to Corvallis, Oregon. After 25 years of living in the same place I decided it was ...more

I can understand why my frame was welded a bit off, thats allot of stress for somone to handle :/ makes me sad my first custom bike had the killing machine for it's body now ill never get to have a custom one built

Whats even sadder about this is thats one less legit USA custom frame making company now there is just standard byke co and 3 wanna be Usa frame companies (S&M, Fit, and Fbm)

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/13/2014 6:31 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

OK. So we moved from Sacramento, California to Corvallis, Oregon. After 25 years of living in the same place I decided it was ...more

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

I can understand why my frame was welded a bit off, thats allot of stress for somone to handle :/ makes me sad my first custom ...more

so lairdframe isn't a real usa frame company?
its a former pro rider who puts out some of the sickest welds in the biz, for cheaper than all of those brand's
customs, and he himself does everything, no company name that he hides behind
he's legit as fuck
also pedal driven cycles is deffo legit

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/13/2014 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2014 7:15 PM

I can understand why my frame was welded a bit off, thats allot of stress for somone to handle :/ makes me sad my first custom ...more

How the fuck are FBM and S&M wanna bes?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/13/2014 7:41 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Because fluoride and bush did 9/11.

|

11/13/2014 7:45 PM

I knew about this a while ago, it definitely sucks i always wanted a set of bitch cranks and a frame. Maybe in the future when they get everything settled they'll do small runs of frames and other parts until then definitely looking forward to see what they make

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/13/2014 7:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2014 7:53 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Because fluoride and bush did 9/11.

Don't forget satan and the illuminati. Or Gsports conspiracy to sell faulty parts

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/13/2014 8:48 PM

Dang. Probably have some stuff on sale now lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/13/2014 10:33 PM

My town has most of the last parts that ever came out. And whatever's OG is being kept now.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/14/2014 3:10 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Fbm fit and S&m make Rip off over priced custom frames that aren't all that custom and the fact S&M frames fall apart, Ive seen moe broken S&M frames than i have easterns and that says a lot about there quality

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

11/14/2014 3:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2014 4:15 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

so lairdframe isn't a real usa frame company?
its a former pro rider who puts out some of the sickest welds in the biz, for ...more

At least post a link of this mysterious bike company, ive never heard of lairdframe

Seems like a decent frame builder definitely more on the parkish side of things but at least he makes frames with proper chain stay lengths unlike fit and s&m

The pedaldrivenkoolthing isn't bad either definitely a trail frame and again impressed that it has a proper chain stay length

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

11/14/2014 5:11 AM

Mike Laird and Spooky Dave making frames, does not need questioning.

|

11/14/2014 5:59 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

It's actually just because OneEye can't figure out how to slam a wheel in their frames.

|

11/14/2014 7:13 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It's actually just because OneEye can't figure out how to slam a wheel in their frames.

every time this fool opens his mouth it makes me dislike him more...

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/14/2014 8:16 AM

Laird Frame. Handmade in NC by Mike Laird himself. Boom.

And I wouldn't call S&M and FBM wannabes, they have done a LOT for bmx over the years, whether you like them or not, and they are on the top of the custom frame game right there with Standard.

Fit on the other hand has only been around what, 13 or so years, so I wouldn't add them in with FBM (20+ years) and S&M (coming up on 30 years if I recall correctly) and is a sister company to S&M.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/14/2014 8:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2014 8:40 AM

Fbm fit and S&m make Rip off over priced custom frames that aren't all that custom and the fact S&M frames fall apart, ...more

Based on how BMX is...you'd think others would have heard of all these S&M frames breaking...but you are the only person to state this that I have seen...so either you know people who are insanlely hard on bikes the NO ONE ELSE KNOWS OR SEES, or you are making shit up.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/14/2014 8:34 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Fbm fit and S&m make Rip off over priced custom frames that aren't all that custom and the fact S&M frames fall apart, ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Based on how BMX is...you'd think others would have heard of all these S&M frames breaking...but you are the only person ...more

This

|

11/14/2014 12:55 PM

I know a guy who has a friend who had 5 Atf's and he broke them all. I'm so tired of hearing that garbage. This is a hard/extreme hobby and everything eventually breaks. Odyssey hub I had blew to pieces in a month. Hardly means that Odyssey is not reliable or a bad company.

Wannabes don't ever stand the tests of time and are quickly flushed out. 20 and almost 30 years in the game equals reputation. I'm sure S&M and FBM have a higher percentage of satisfied customers than unsatisfied customers.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

11/14/2014 1:28 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

I know a guy who has a friend who had 5 Atf's and he broke them all. I'm so tired of hearing that garbage. This is a ...more

Exactly.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/14/2014 1:38 PM

I would never ride an S&M, my Barcode had shitty welds throughout (Not mentioning the ovalized headtube, which I understand might be an accident) and I've seen a lot of them fail right in the same spot. The top and downtubes split from the headtube at the far end of the gussets. But that doesn't mean I don't respect S&M and what they've done for BMX. At least I don't hate them because I bitch if my wheel doesn't fit perfectly in the frame.

|

11/14/2014 2:47 PM

I can understand complaining about frames to an extent but if NO COMPANY makes a rear end that is up to your standards and you can´t slam it or have it the way you want it, build your own frames already. That´s why a lot of these companies started, because they weren´t complainers, they were do-ers.

|

Refs: Ecuadevil, Rollin'on20's, Obiwan Chromoly(x2), Future_D, Joe_Medina, bobPA

11/14/2014 4:14 PM

I actually have a friend that is sponsored or was sponsored by them not really sure if he still is or not just recently started talking to him again but their frames really break all the time

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

11/14/2014 4:16 PM

S&M

Photo

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

11/14/2014 4:35 PM

You mean… Parts can break? Wow. Never knew that.

|

11/14/2014 4:44 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

You mean… Parts can break? Wow. Never knew that.

No its the fact that my solid k.i.l will out last next years S&m frames

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit