R.I.P s3.5 (one of the last few..)

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2011 3:04 PM

Today is a sad day for us all lol....

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

luckily i had an s3 laying around (one of the last few as well hahaha)

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Refs: milou, beastassdick (x4), deehos, whiteknight (x2), lifeofriden2200, bikeralldayerrday, SuperstarDK(x2), HaroF2(x2), Bulldog_bikes, TCbmx (x4), empath, turbodsingle, trentydoo,kurtnut, irideafly, bmx4days, Pavimo (x2)

12/17/2011 3:06 PM

How did you manage to do that?

|

12/17/2011 3:10 PM

bloghogs wrote:

How did you manage to do that?

eh not too sure. it's pretty old and has suffered alot of abuse so i can't complain. it was getting rusted around that area and after practicing on a bike rack today i noticed it and was just like "he was a good soldier" and went home to throw on the s3 lol. i just bought the teal paint tho and sprayed it perfect i'm more pissed about that

|

Refs: milou, beastassdick (x4), deehos, whiteknight (x2), lifeofriden2200, bikeralldayerrday, SuperstarDK(x2), HaroF2(x2), Bulldog_bikes, TCbmx (x4), empath, turbodsingle, trentydoo,kurtnut, irideafly, bmx4days, Pavimo (x2)

12/17/2011 3:15 PM

It's hard to have to put em down,but he's in a better place now.

|

12/17/2011 3:19 PM

Haha what makes you think those were some of the last feww? Dont get me wrong both of those frames are like my favorite and i have owned/own both but there are still alot of those floating around.

|

12/17/2011 3:27 PM

bloghogs wrote:

It's hard to have to put em down,but he's in a better place now.

thank you kindly sir. i'll consult a psychologist if the depression persists

|

12/17/2011 3:27 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

Haha what makes you think those were some of the last feww? Dont get me wrong both of those frames are like my favorite and i have owned/own both but there are still alot of those floating around.

nice i didn't know! well pretty much anyone who has one keeps it lol...do you have an extra or nah?

|

12/17/2011 3:39 PM

lirider187 wrote:

nice i didn't know! well pretty much anyone who has one keeps it lol...do you have an extra or nah?

Yes of course I have a a factory mint green one and I've had a raw s3 and a s3.5 I sold a while ago. Best frame ever the s3.

|

12/17/2011 3:42 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

Yes of course I have a a factory mint green one and I've had a raw s3 and a s3.5 I sold a while ago. Best frame ever the s3.

yea i'm gonna have to agree with you on the last part. although they are incredibly similar, i prefer the s3. i put the s3.5 on about 2 weeks ago after i got it back and i was really diggin it but after putting the s3 on i felt amazing for some reason. idk why it just mannies really well and i believe it's a similar weight to the 3.5. so yea whatevs....hey do you think i should warranty the s3.5 or what? how does warranty work?

|

12/17/2011 3:56 PM

lirider187 wrote:

yea i'm gonna have to agree with you on the last part. although they are incredibly similar, i prefer the s3. i put the s3.5 on about 2 weeks ago after i got it back and i was really diggin it but after putting the s3 on i felt amazing for some reason. idk why it just mannies really well and i believe it's a similar weight to the 3.5. so yea whatevs....hey do you think i should warranty the s3.5 or what? how does warranty work?

Yeah the longest/ best manuals I've ever done were on my s3 haha. Yeah try to warranty it just give them a call or email them pics and they will tell you what to do. You might be lucky enough to geth the crash replacement discount from them if you don't have a reciept.

|

12/17/2011 3:58 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

Yeah the longest/ best manuals I've ever done were on my s3 haha. Yeah try to warranty it just give them a call or email them pics and they will tell you what to do. You might be lucky enough to geth the crash replacement discount from them if you don't have a reciept.

how much is that do you think? would they give me an s4 or any one of their frames? i really want an s3.5 or another s3 i would go to the attic of fit's warehouse just to find one lol

|

12/17/2011 4:11 PM

lirider187 wrote:

how much is that do you think? would they give me an s4 or any one of their frames? i really want an s3.5 or another s3 i would go to the attic of fit's warehouse just to find one lol

Probably 250 for a new frame. And idk they got rid of a lot, if not most of the s3.5s they had at last years warehouse sale and if there was any chance of them still having some its probably gone since today was their warehouse sale again.

|

12/17/2011 4:18 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

Probably 250 for a new frame. And idk they got rid of a lot, if not most of the s3.5s they had at last years warehouse sale and if there was any chance of them still having some its probably gone since today was their warehouse sale again.

wow that's not even worth it then. it's gonna cost me like 15 to ship it there then to pay that price plus shipping would be pointless. i could just buy a used complete and sell of the parts

|

12/17/2011 5:15 PM

Damn that is one weird crack, don't recall every seeing one there

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

12/17/2011 5:20 PM

i find it weird that the tube is splitting....

most cracks that i see are just on the weld or something.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

12/17/2011 5:26 PM

Effting wrote:

Damn that is one weird crack, don't recall every seeing one there

haha you reminded me of this for some reason
|

12/17/2011 5:39 PM

that is an odd crack!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/17/2011 5:42 PM

goddamn i would be the one guy who would crack a frame strangely the first time. oh well. i'm pretty sure it's just because it was rusted in that area. also the bottom tubing is an oval shape (a signature design of the aitken) and that could be a reason why it broke there.

|

12/17/2011 5:43 PM

looks like the seat tube cracked off the BB and the downtube cracked due to the weird stress on the frame.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/17/2011 5:52 PM

warranty it n get a s4

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

12/17/2011 6:21 PM

Just send them an email with the picture, and try to get a new frame. It wont hurt to try. That is a weird crack though.

|

I know this is a chain tool, but what am i gunna do wit' it?

12/17/2011 6:26 PM

awkward crack

|

Refs: netty speghetti, aw1234512[x2], Dudeisdrumer109, daniel21, paVimo, ticaleb, Showtime402[x2], brendan.magner.9
VIDEO OF OUR DIRT SKATEPARK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54l6T-1xEwo