RHD TO LHD

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2016 4:46 AM

This may seem a daft question but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Currently I'm running RHD on my BMX and would like too buy a LHD wheel due too running pegs. Would I need too purchase anything else or am I able too just swap my cranks and sprocket the other way? Cheers guys

|

9/18/2016 5:11 AM

If your cranks have the bolt for a sprocket on the other arm you're good. Otherwise you'd need lhd cranks because if you flip them your pedals will come loose

|

It’s all bmx

9/18/2016 5:24 AM

My cranks have the main centre bolt, the side pinch bolts and the small sprocket bolt on the inside of the arm. They're standard three right drive cranks.

|

9/18/2016 9:49 AM

If you flip your cranks the pedals will be the wrong way up. But you can swap the axles around. Your pedals will not come loose, you pedal forward to loosen them when they're the correct way round, so swapping them around would mean you'll tighten them as you pedal

|

9/19/2016 5:07 PM

If the left hand arm has a spot for the sprocket bolt you can just swap the sprocket to the left side, move your chain and toss on the new wheel.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura