RHD or LHD

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2013 5:36 PM

What is the benefit of riding Left Hand Drive bikes? Because most bikes are RHD, why LHD? If your'e a right handed guy when writing, what Hand Drive should you go with? And and if youre a left handed, what Hand Drive should you go with? I just guess those LHD bikes are smexy looking. Haha. :D So why?

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

11/9/2013 5:41 PM

It's got absolutely nothing to do with what hand you write with. The only reason for R/L drive has to do with what side you grind with, this way you reduce the risk of smashing your sprocket and driver on grinds/stalls. But for those that ride 4 pegs it doesn't matter. It's much more important to learn how to ride smooth.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/9/2013 5:43 PM

hand writing… really?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/9/2013 5:46 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

hand writing… really?

Ugghh. Im very sorry I mean LSD and RSD. Crap. Sorry.

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

11/9/2013 5:47 PM

BMXism wrote:

It's got absolutely nothing to do with what hand you write with. The only reason for R/L drive has to do with what side you grind with, this way you reduce the risk of smashing your sprocket and driver on grinds/stalls. But for those that ride 4 pegs it doesn't matter. It's much more important to learn how to ride smooth.

Oh. Grinding. Really. Thanks. smile

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

11/9/2013 5:48 PM

been covered a million time try searching next time but to answer the option of lhd/rhd is to be able to run your drive side opposite of your grind side

|

Refs







trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

11/9/2013 6:44 PM

dmx24 wrote:

been covered a million time try searching next time but to answer the option of lhd/rhd is to be able to run your drive side opposite of your grind side

But, i havent tried grinding yet. So i guess.. Im going with LSD. smile because it looks smexy if you have a LSD bike.

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

11/9/2013 6:48 PM

I wouldn't recommend getting a Lhd/lsd hub just because it looks good. I personally think a bike that has LHD and no pegs looks stupid, No offense, we're all entitled to our own opinions. But if you're right foot foward, and spin to the left, you should grind on your right side. If you do those things and want to grind, then get lhd.

|

-Reps: JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike(X2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all
-I have more reps from my old account.
(My old account is 'bmx')

11/9/2013 7:08 PM

KilledGlamour wrote:

I wouldn't recommend getting a Lhd/lsd hub just because it looks good. I personally think a bike that has LHD and no pegs looks stupid, No offense, we're all entitled to our own opinions. But if you're right foot foward, and spin to the left, you should grind on your right side. If you do those things and want to grind, then get lhd.

I get it now, that's the greatest explanation ever about LSD and RSD. Thanks man.

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

11/9/2013 7:18 PM

ZagadaxD wrote:

I get it now, that's the greatest explanation ever about LSD and RSD. Thanks man.

That's good. I try man. No problem

|

-Reps: JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike(X2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all
-I have more reps from my old account.
(My old account is 'bmx')