RHD to LHD Primo Remix

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2013 9:35 PM

There's a driver for Primo Mix/Remix cassettes on Dans Comp and it says it can be switched from rhd to lhd, could I take my rhd primo remix and just make that driver off dans lhd and throw it on?
Any help would be appreciated! I'm fuckfooted grindwise and just wanna run lhd

|

10/18/2013 9:37 PM

I don't think so. Those hubs are birectional. The ratchet has already been made into the hub the direction it was supposed to go.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/18/2013 9:45 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I don't think so. Those hubs are birectional. The ratchet has already been made into the hub the direction it was supposed to go.

No Ive got a Remix hub

|

10/18/2013 10:04 PM

Driver is RHD/LHD compatible, hub itself is not

|

10/18/2013 10:21 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This, because the ring thing in your hub that your driver engages on is what makes the difference.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/19/2013 7:36 AM

Yeahh. The drivers (even the one already in your hub) are LHD/RHD. The hubshells are fixed to either one. I had the same problem and just bought the same hub in LHD.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/19/2013 9:21 AM

i never understood that either..why make a birectional driver but a one directional hub shell?

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

10/19/2013 9:40 AM

dmx24 wrote:

i never understood that either..why make a birectional driver but a one directional hub shell?

So they don't have to make 2 different kinds of drivers. And its easier to sell RHD/LHD drivers... let say...
Danscomp has 10 RHD drivers in stock and 10 LHD drivers. 13 people need RHD drivers and 7 people need LHD. Now danscomp is losing business because 3 people go to Albe's to buy their RHD drivers, and the extra 3 LHD never get sold.
If they stock 20 LHD/RHD drivers then they all get sold, and Danscomp sells 6 more drivers.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

10/19/2013 10:18 AM

But at the same time, a company can make money by making hubshells one way only. If you want to switch to LHD, than you have to buy a whole new hubshell, which is money in their pockets. Not to mention they dont need to CNC the shell any different. They make the same hubshells and just put different ratchet rings in em.

|

10/19/2013 6:25 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Okay, that's what I was thinking, thanks

|

10/19/2013 6:57 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

danielclark_e wrote:

Okay, that's what I was thinking, thanks

Yeah, that's what I meant by ratchet, not Ratchet hub by Gsport, lol.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke