Create New Tag

2/4/2016 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2016 4:32 PM

He passed away today. Rest in peace man you were a legend

|

13 years old

2/4/2016 4:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2016 4:37 PM

Just heard about it about five minutes ago... he will be missed. You posted as I was making my thread about it.

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

2/4/2016 4:43 PM

Just heard the news in shock , I remember watching him and Jay miron battle it out on the vert ramp at x games and that's what got me into riding bmx R.I.P. Mirra

|

2/4/2016 4:48 PM

Here's the news link for anyone interested.
|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

2/4/2016 4:49 PM

RIP the legend

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/4/2016 4:50 PM

He committed suicide, I just dont understand.... today is a dark day... RIP Dave Mirra

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

2/4/2016 4:52 PM

I was just going to post about this.

I'm pretty blown away by that news...

RIP

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/4/2016 4:57 PM

^same, my brother just sent me a screenshot. I'm absolutely speechless. RIP man

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/4/2016 5:01 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

He committed suicide, I just dont understand.... today is a dark day... RIP Dave Mirra

Too soon to speculate why ,
I'm wondering if it had anything to do with concussions , allot of pro hockey and football players have been committing suicide the last few years and scientists are suspecting it has something to do with a protein that forms in your brain when you have so many concussions that has effects similar to dementia and results in suicidal thoughts , the amount of concussions riders take hasn't really been addressed in our sport yet but other high impact pro sports are starting to take it really seriously

|

2/4/2016 5:07 PM

I saw some links on a Facebook page that said it was not true, but I also saw news links saying it is. Plus the front page has a mention of it.

Insane.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/4/2016 5:10 PM

guys remember to check up on your friends regularly to make sure they are alright smile

|

13 years old

2/4/2016 5:14 PM

Fuck. Screw all the goddamn negativity in bmx. Appreciate people. Forgive.

|

2/4/2016 5:17 PM

Shit is crazy rip

|

2/4/2016 6:01 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Too soon to speculate why ,
I'm wondering if it had anything to do with concussions , allot of pro hockey and football players ...more

That is ill news. sad
First thing I thought of yeah, CTE. Don't know anything about how he usually was, but there's been guys who were outgoing and friendly life of the party types who harbored real issues & their physical damage overtook them (thinking of Junior Seau, from the NFL for example)

RIP to a guy who sure got a lot of kids riding.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

2/4/2016 6:16 PM

Hopefully he's in a better place.suicide though.see what living the dream can end up a nightmare eh wtf

|

2/4/2016 6:21 PM

man really feel for his family right now. that's crazy to seem to have come out of nowhere.

RIP legend

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

2/4/2016 6:26 PM

I met Dave a couple times over the years. Always a nice guy and helpful to the younger guys. My thoughts are with his family and close friends. A true legend in our sport.

|

2/4/2016 6:27 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I saw some links on a Facebook page that said it was not true, but I also saw news links saying it is. Plus the front page has ...more

I seen it on tmz first so it has to be real(just trying to put a little humor on a dark day)

|

2/4/2016 6:34 PM

Just came home and flipped on the computer to see this. I thought the title was trolling. This is tragic news. Truly a huge loss. RIP Dave. You defined BMX for me and helped make the industry a global phenomenon. Damn.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

2/4/2016 6:42 PM

This song seems appropriate.

|

2/4/2016 6:59 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I saw some links on a Facebook page that said it was not true, but I also saw news links saying it is. Plus the front page has ...more

Eric_Wotansvolk wrote:

I seen it on tmz first so it has to be real(just trying to put a little humor on a dark day)

Right. TMZ lulz.

Crazy to think he had the American dream (money, a wife and kids, a sweet house, was accomplished in his field, famous, etc) and this happened.

Goes to show that it doesn't matter what you see on the outside, anyone could be battling some wicked demons inside.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/4/2016 7:07 PM

Last clip i saw of him was he was playing around in his daughter's bike on some dirt jumps.

Now this...

This sucks.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

2/4/2016 7:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2016 7:09 PM

should I suggest the first song for a memorial / rip video compilation with this song?

I know it was from Lacey's A/B section but the song fits nicely for a remembrance kind of thing.

EDIT: RIP to one of the absolute greatest. May your riding spirit flow through many if not all.
|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

2/4/2016 7:19 PM

My God... that's so.. it's just fucked up.. I wonder what went wrong. Or if he had a history of depression or maybe a concussion fucked with the brain chemistry.

I hope his family is okay. This is so sudden seeming. He hadn't really ridden in so long too which sucks.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/4/2016 7:43 PM

Fuck I thought you guys were trolling (or more like I wish you were)...RIP Dave

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

2/4/2016 8:49 PM

I just saw this now .... whaaatttt the fuck .... blown away .....

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/4/2016 9:03 PM

I remember a couple years ago there was a hoax made up that he died in a rally car crash or something, so when I saw a few tweets in a row saying "RIP Dave Mirra" I was like "pft okay" so I Googled it and a few links showed up... I think I was more shocked that it was a suicide but that just goes to show someone can have several demons inside of them that no one's aware of until it's too late.

Mirra might not have been one of my favorites be honest, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a legend and badass on the bike. He's for sure influenced countless people, there's no doubt about that. All our favorite riders probably wouldn't be what they are without him so that says a lot about what kind of great influential person he was. RIP Dave Mirra.

|

2/4/2016 9:37 PM

It feels like only yesterday I remember playing his video game on the original XBOX back in college days.
Photo
Photo

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

2/4/2016 9:44 PM

Definitely a bummer. He had been posting a bunch of achievements on Instagram the past few days from through the years. Must've been reminiscing at the end. He was a major inspiration growing up when my only exposure to the sport was my friends, BMX plus, and the xgames

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

2/4/2016 10:04 PM

So depressing to hear this. What an epic life he lived. A total badass. BALLS TO THE WALL.

The first time I ever heard the name "Dave Mirra" was from an older cousin of mine. Back before I even had a proper BMX bike. My cousin and his one friend had cool bikes and would not shut the fuck up about DAVE MIRRA. I had no clue who he was at the time, but he was the first pro I knew of. My cousin made me want to get a BMX. I'll never forget those days.

thanks Dave. RIP

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting