6/15/2017 8:46 AM

I'm confused...

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

6/15/2017 8:47 AM

And I'm assuming you're taking about Kyle Carlson, the mod?

But what was wrong with the front page?

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

6/15/2017 8:50 AM

Nah i should've said 1st page of this forum. This kyle kid re-upping a thousand old threads.

|

6/15/2017 8:52 AM

I'm guessing he's talking about this :
But isn't it the whole point of a forum to answer to other people ?
Photo

|

6/15/2017 10:11 AM

Francky wrote:

I'm guessing he's talking about this :
But isn't it the whole point of a forum to answer to other people ?
Photo

Yes, but when a member just spams every thread with unhelpful information, it's just annoying. Not sure that's what happened in this case, but that does happen.

|

6/15/2017 11:02 AM

Digging up threads from 2008 , kids either a troll or too much time on his hands , either way I'd hate to be him , seems like he has no life

|

6/15/2017 12:15 PM

Probably a 12 year old thinking he's hilarious by bumping old threads or thinks he's "trolling" and failing miserably at it.

At least he's not as bad as the people who bump the spam threads telling them to fuck off, as if a bot is gonna care or even read their reply in the first place

|

6/15/2017 5:36 PM

This is the only forum I've ever seen where bumping old threads is frowned upon. As long as it's still a relevant thread and the person is being useful then why is that a problem? Most forums I've seen have people freaking out at you for not searching for an existing relevant thread before posting a new one.

|

6/15/2017 5:48 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

This is the only forum I've ever seen where bumping old threads is frowned upon. As long as it's still a relevant thread and the person is being useful then why is that a problem? Most forums I've seen have people freaking out at you for not searching for an existing relevant thread before posting a new one.

That's just it, a lot of people are like "me too" when it comes to an 8 year old thread. They do not add any relevance to the subject matter.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/15/2017 7:23 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

How ironic isn't it. I've seen people being bashed for not searching, and for not starting a new thread, all in the same thread. They have people trained well. It's funny how everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but no one even knows why they are doing it. Psychological manipulation.

|

6/15/2017 8:17 PM

The general rule for bumping threads is only if you have something relevant to add to the conversation, as long as it isn't super old and none of the members even post anymore.

Even then there's a gray area. Like if someone asks what bike they should get in 2007, and someone bumps it now saying which one to get... yeah, they're gonna get shit on for obvious reasons. Especially if someone in the thread comments like "I think this bike looks good!" and all the person grave digging it has to reply to that is "yeah me too"

I'm a little selective about the search bar thing. on one hand, some things are asked so much you really SHOULD use the search bar but on the other hand, if everyone used the search bar then there wouldn't be a need for an active forum community

|

6/15/2017 9:36 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

The general rule for bumping threads is only if you have something relevant to add to the conversation, as long as it isn't super old and none of the members even post anymore.

Even then there's a gray area. Like if someone asks what bike they should get in 2007, and someone bumps it now saying which one to get... yeah, they're gonna get shit on for obvious reasons. Especially if someone in the thread comments like "I think this bike looks good!" and all the person grave digging it has to reply to that is "yeah me too"

I'm a little selective about the search bar thing. on one hand, some things are asked so much you really SHOULD use the search bar but on the other hand, if everyone used the search bar then there wouldn't be a need for an active forum community

I think there's a time and place for both ways of doing things.

|

6/15/2017 10:10 PM

For example bumping a V2 Clutch thread isn't bad as it's relevant still as it's a new and in product .

Bumping a thread ( in his case , a freemiz thread ) just to say it's good with no supporting comments or stating why it's good , that's called spam

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/16/2017 8:59 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

ggallin422 wrote:

How ironic isn't it. I've seen people being bashed for not searching, and for not starting a new thread, all in the same thread. They have people trained well. It's funny how everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but no one even knows why they are doing it. Psychological manipulation.

and to add to that even if you do search for something a lot of time the results show threads with no real useful info in them because everyone has been shouted at for bringing a thread back from the dead/2nd page, so the newbies end up creating a billion threads of similar titles that only get one or 2 replies cos everyone gets sick of answering the same questions (what bike should i buy? for instance), its a vicious cycle...

|

6/16/2017 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2017 9:12 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

and to add to that even if you do search for something a lot of time the results show threads with no real useful info in them because everyone has been shouted at for bringing a thread back from the dead/2nd page, so the newbies end up creating a billion threads of similar titles that only get one or 2 replies cos everyone gets sick of answering the same questions (what bike should i buy? for instance), its a vicious cycle...

All of the above things. It is an objectively stupid "policy".

ETA: Changed to "above" to imply the inclusion of CHILDISH'S, and ggallin's posts since I only quoted last post. D'oh!

|

6/18/2017 10:48 AM

Jesus Christ Kyle, I get why people are pissed now. Why in the fuck did you think it was useful to respond to a post from 2010 about whether or not Stolen is good brand. I'm pretty sure that guy has figured it out by now.

|

6/18/2017 11:01 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Jesus Christ Kyle, I get why people are pissed now. Why in the fuck did you think it was useful to respond to a post from 2010 about whether or not Stolen is good brand. I'm pretty sure that guy has figured it out by now.

I was about to say the same thing, digging up a topic can happen sometimes but now he just seem to do this on purpose so yeah, fuck kyle, if he really need help for something one day, I'll not be there... and he'll use the search bar, he seem to use it really well to find some 2010 and older topics...

|

6/18/2017 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2017 1:25 PM

|

6/18/2017 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2017 1:26 PM

Holy fuck !
Can someone just ban this guy !?
Photo

(sorry for the double post, I couldn't post from my computer for some reason)

|

6/18/2017 1:50 PM

Hey, maybe he is mentally handicapped? It's not nice to make fun of retards. Someone should call the zoo, to see if any have escaped recently.

|