Race bike

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2013 8:10 AM

Hi all Newbie here with a couple of questions. My 9 year old wants to do some racing and being small at 4'3" 55 lbs we"re leaning towards the redline proline jr. According to the Redline sizing charts he's spot on and at least a year away from the next size up (expert) . If anyone has any experience with these models please share them with us. At 16 lbs the jr. is very light and is a huge departure from his current 10 year old 30lb Fuse that I've fixed up with shorter cranks and easier gearing. My main concern is that he have an easy snappy bike to ride on the track whether he wants to compete or not without holding him back with the wrong bike. Thanks in advance and we're in Scarborough looking for places to ride.

|

5/14/2013 10:23 AM

Redline is a good brand specialized more on racing. I dont have one but I think you will be fine with it

|

5/14/2013 10:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2013 10:31 AM

Sounds like hes getting a nice bike.
If he wants to customize it to his preference redline also carries alot of different sizes & colors aswell.
I used to race (wasnt very good) at 8 yrs old & rode a 15yrold bike & I loved it.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/14/2013 10:35 AM

2hip pork

ahahah..JK...those little gt's are sick, the hydroformed ones, dont know to much about racing, but my friends used to take all the state championships like 10 years ago..ahah

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

5/14/2013 10:38 AM

a GT or haro would be best, when I raced that's what I rode

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/14/2013 12:23 PM

That redline sounds perfect for him. I've got two redlines in my house, my custom, and my 13yo sons Bike.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.