Rail Rides ..

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2017 1:56 AM

Do you go straight on, or from the side? what do you find easier and safer? I;m asking because i've been putting off this final clip for my edit which involves a rail ride on a flat rail ... but i'm sending it tomorrow for sure, haha.. i also have 4 pegs, so that should be safer, right?

|

11/27/2017 2:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2017 9:24 AM

I say straight on, as long as you don't case and you get your front wheel on, there's not much that can go wrong. The pegs only make it safer if you know how to catch yourself, so you'll want to be able to land in doubles and crookeds. Otherwise, they'll make it more dodgy.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/27/2017 8:29 AM

I'm having more success learning them hitting them from the side. I feel i can hop on more accurately slower.

|

11/27/2017 8:56 AM

Whichever way works better for you. I've been working on them myself. Mostly practicing on curbs, and ledges so far, but I think it really depends on the situation. I'd work on both ways, see whatever works better for you.

|

11/27/2017 9:43 AM

Side. I'm working on bunny hops up and onto things, so I'd rather not go chin-first into the rail or steps just yet.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/27/2017 10:53 AM

Side for sure. I have a pathetic baby rail that's maybe 7 inches up and 4.5 feet long, and with my bad rail balance paired with 1.95" Maxxis tires, I'd say side, haha.

I hate rails, though. smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

11/27/2017 11:10 AM

I'm wondering how many of you guys have actually tried going up straight and even more, how many of you are actually moving when ye get on the rail. I learned them by rolling straight up onto a rail and that very quickly translated into hopping into them at speed and tricking off the rail. Side hopping into a rail ride at speed usually ends with the back wheel slipping off and you landing on your ribs.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/27/2017 1:23 PM

I like side to side. Mainly cause I like going slow at it and you can’t go super slow and hop straight on or you’ll case.

I also feel like I can tell where my back wheel is better hopping on the side, but of course hopping side to side you run the risk of swinging your ass end over too far… both have their pros & cons, whichever you’re more comfortable with.

|

11/27/2017 7:44 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I'm wondering how many of you guys have actually tried going up straight and even more, how many of you are actually moving ...more

What do you consider straight on? I like the side, so I do not take the chance of getting pole-vaulted from the back peg clipping.

All these, I consider going from the side.

|

11/28/2017 4:20 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

I'm wondering how many of you guys have actually tried going up straight and even more, how many of you are actually moving ...more

Wayne S wrote:

What do you consider straight on? I like the side, so I do not take the chance of getting pole-vaulted from the back peg ...more

Anything that's not sideways.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

11/29/2017 12:48 AM

Straight on for sure. It was easier to learn and it looks better Imo. Also the slower you go the less consistent they get. The best ones are the ones you thought least about so do what's easiest for you even if someone else says do it differently

|

@coupd_tat