Rails?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2015 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2015 8:34 PM

I'm scared shitless and they feel super awk to grind on. Any advice to help cope with this because I really would like to start doing stuff on them

|

1/29/2015 8:37 PM

The only way to do it is to go for it. You should at least feel confident doing double pegs on ledges first, and be sure you can get on the rail. My first rail was relatively flat and like stem height and it wasn't bad, but I missed my back peg a few times and that sucked.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/29/2015 8:41 PM

Make sure you have your double pegs down pretty good. First time I tried a rail, I was pressured into doing it by a bunch of friends and was terrible at double pegs. I ate shit, a lot.. haha. Then I got good at double pegs, started on bike racks which if you find a good stem height one, makes for good practice. I got dialed with them then finally started hitting some handicap rails.

A lot of things that helped me with rails besides dialing in my double pegs, was just going for it. You have to just go for it as scary as it seems sometimes, once you try it and maybe even eat shit, the initial fear is out the way and you each time you should feel more confident. Another thing was being told "Just think of it as a skinny ledge, that's all it is. A skinny ledge." which helped me cause I was a ledge boss at the time haha. Everyone's different though, but maybe something I said will help.

Handrails are a different story though, I still can't force myself to do them most of the time.

|

1/29/2015 8:53 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Make sure you have your double pegs down pretty good. First time I tried a rail, I was pressured into doing it by a bunch of ...more

I have double pegs and feebles dialed on ledges. I think it's the falling down thing that scares me lol. I remember awhile ago I did the decently sized flat rail I just couldnt get out of the grind but that was a like 4 months ago. I'll give it a shot tomorrow at the park.

|

1/29/2015 9:00 PM

I get spooked doing a feeble on a ledge but I can hop a 9 set whenever I feel like it , weird how that works. Hopefully practice makes me more confident and better.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/29/2015 9:10 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

I have double pegs and feebles dialed on ledges. I think it's the falling down thing that scares me lol. I remember awhile ago ...more

Just don't think too much about failing, you wanna keep it in the back of your mind in case you need to bail and hop off your bike, but don't let the fear cloud your mind.

Another tip my friend's used to say "As long as you get your front on, you'll be fine." which is just like it says, if you get your front peg on but miss your back, you'll be okay and if you have good reflexes you can catch yourself, otherwise you'll probably just fall backwards onto your ass, or nut yourself if you take your feet off haha. My one friend always stands over the rail to see if it's low enough he won't hit his nuts on it if he does though.

|

1/30/2015 12:01 AM

We have zero rails around me, so i was much the same, so i got a flat rail. My confidence kn rails has sky rocketed since, real good investment.

But yeah, just go for it and confindence will build.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/30/2015 12:04 AM

We have zero rails around me, so i was much the same, so i got a flat rail. My confidence kn rails has sky rocketed since, real good investment.

But yeah, just go for it and confindence will build.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/30/2015 1:14 AM

just try some low ones at a park, get the feel for balancing on one and try and work your way on up.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/30/2015 5:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2015 5:39 AM

i was a lil sketch at first learning flat rails and round rails.
the only way i got over it was i pretended it was a ledge and went for it.
once you start grinding rails, you wont be able to stop.
its a feeling unlike any other.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

1/30/2015 7:59 PM

update here: Did the small sized rail at the park and double pegged a friends flat rail today and im going over tomorrow for more practice. I feel more confident now but still spooked out by them

|