Raleigh sk8 park,any info?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2011 6:45 AM

was soppose to be going back home for a FBM jam in my hometown,but plans got canceled and need to do somethin for my bday,soo i was thinking about going to raleigh to go hit up that park.never been there,and seen some vids,it looks pretty dope,anybody who rode there can give me some info on that park?
padds required?
alot of plank pushers?
over packed?
closed alot?
lights?
just any info on it would be cool.

|

Lovin them ramp tramps!

3/14/2011 7:13 AM

the concrete one or the out door wooden one?

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

3/14/2011 7:15 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

the concrete one or the out door wooden one?

the concrete one,didnt kno there was a wooden one

|

Lovin them ramp tramps!

3/14/2011 7:22 AM

well there is Sk8 Cary (the wooden one) They have bike only sessions every day of the week and it is just outside of raleigh. Just google it for info.

The Concrete park is a lot of fun but is technically no bikes, that being said I do ride there a lot. Your best bet is to go on a weekday and the earlier the better. Saturdays have been pretty chill recently also but I wouldnt be there after 2:30-3. Cops do come by some times and it just depends on the cop, some will not say a thing to you and others will just ask you to come down to the car then tell you it is no bikes allowed. They are almost always really chill, so word of advice just be polite to them and dont run and you shouldnt have any problems.

It is free so no worries and it is always open there. helmets are required but no one actually wears one. I do but that is just cuz concrete can hurt. haha

Most of the skaters are nice there too, just be nice to em and dont snake people and use good park ediquite and you shouldnt have probs there

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

3/14/2011 7:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2011 7:35 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

well there is Sk8 Cary (the wooden one) They have bike only sessions every day of the week and it is just outside of raleigh. Just google it for info.

The Concrete park is a lot of fun but is technically no bikes, that being said I do ride there a lot. Your best bet is to go on a weekday and the earlier the better. Saturdays have been pretty chill recently also but I wouldnt be there after 2:30-3. Cops do come by some times and it just depends on the cop, some will not say a thing to you and others will just ask you to come down to the car then tell you it is no bikes allowed. They are almost always really chill, so word of advice just be polite to them and dont run and you shouldnt have any problems.

It is free so no worries and it is always open there. helmets are required but no one actually wears one. I do but that is just cuz concrete can hurt. haha

Most of the skaters are nice there too, just be nice to em and dont snake people and use good park ediquite and you shouldnt have probs there

word,well im coming down from high point(if you kno where that is,if not its by greensboro) is it worth the drive?
and yea i heard of cary,looks pretty decent too.
but thank man,and yea i dont snake people,and im not really a dick soo im not too worried

|

Lovin them ramp tramps!

3/14/2011 7:45 AM

ha ya I try not to either. At the concrete park I just try to be extra aware of it since we are not technically allowed there. Ya high point isnt far away at all. There is a lot to ride in raleigh. Campus is really good and a ton of fun. Let me know when you are coming into town and we can shred

|

3/14/2011 7:52 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

ha ya I try not to either. At the concrete park I just try to be extra aware of it since we are not technically allowed there. Ya high point isnt far away at all. There is a lot to ride in raleigh. Campus is really good and a ton of fun. Let me know when you are coming into town and we can shred

hell yea man,will do

|

Lovin them ramp tramps!

3/14/2011 8:29 AM

durham park is closer to you, go there on the way.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/14/2011 8:33 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

durham park is closer to you, go there on the way.

i was thinking about it when i saw it on concrete disciples,but they didnt have any pictures or a adress

|

Lovin them ramp tramps!

3/14/2011 8:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 6:18 AM

Staff in Greenville, NC Edit - More BMX Videos

indoor park is in greenville.
street is in NCSU
concrete park is Marsh Creek

i know there is a video of durham park somewhere.
|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/14/2011 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2011 8:54 AM

at 0:18,thats the raliegh park right?

|

Lovin them ramp tramps!

3/14/2011 8:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 6:18 AM

Ty Morrow RDU Edit - More BMX Videos

the red ledges are durham park.
|

Bike check?

3/14/2011 9:00 AM

Quigley wrote:

at 0:18,thats the raliegh park right?

yeah.

|

Bike check?

3/14/2011 9:04 AM

damnn the durham park looks realy dope!

|

Lovin them ramp tramps!

3/14/2011 9:41 AM

the durham park is a lot of fun... but also has no flow. haha just really street

|