Ramp help! Need opinions!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2009 6:10 AM

So we are working on building a foam pit right now at our indoor skatepark. Were trying to get it approved by the skatepark board and everything and to keep costs down i am thinking about using that osb particle board or whatever its called on some parts. for example the walls of the pit will be covered in this not ply wood. Also. i was thinking for the roll in i would use the particle board as the decking for the deck and roll in. I was at rays last weekend and noticed that they used this wood for many of the rollins and such as long as they didnt have any transition.
Also if i do this would it be appropriate to have studs made of 2x4's every 6 inches or every foot. Only on non transitioned roll ins and decks. I know to use Play wood for all transition cut outs and facing the transitions.
THANKS!

|

Custom printed tees and decals! 716-708-5264

10/23/2009 8:29 AM

I owuldnt use particle board for the inside of the foam pit, you'd have shards of wood all over in there. Maybe do that, but cover it with some cheap masonite? Of course then you would be back to square one with cost and should just get plywood.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/23/2009 9:51 AM

i dont like partical board.
i would keep the particaL board out of the foam pit.

|

10/23/2009 10:25 AM

Yea i didnt think of that. Good call guys. I think im gonna try to get some like foam padding to put on the walls. Maybe carpet or something of the sort. I also though about getting tarps and laying them on the walls and bottom.
Im still figuring it out. The total cost for the roll-in and foam pit and lip, without foam is like 1000 bucks. We have a hook up on foam to.

|

Custom printed tees and decals! 716-708-5264

10/23/2009 11:59 AM

OSB board really isnt good for anything. like if you use it for a 1st layer of wood. if can cause waves over time. plus, you can go right though it when you last expect it. belive it or not, i used 3/4 inch Ply. for the1st layer and the decks on my mini. then i used 1/2inch Ply to finsh the main flooring, everything that is white (if you look at my profile pic.)
and its smooth as fuck!

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

10/23/2009 1:32 PM

no not particle board, and i would do studs every 6 inches because that's what it is for a house

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

10/23/2009 1:34 PM

i did 7, but 6 is good. 8 on the tranny for sure. Nate wessel even says that...

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night