Ramp questions

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2009 6:14 AM

So for the decking of the roll-ins to keep costs down of the ramps im designing and submitting to the skatepark board i am going to use OSB particle board. My question is. would it be fine if i spaced my supports at a foot instead of six inches if i use double ply of the OSB? thankss.

|

Custom printed tees and decals! 716-708-5264

10/27/2009 6:20 AM

Im at school....

|

10/27/2009 8:31 AM

No... First using osb on a public skatepark is a horrible idea. Its okay for little projects at home but something that is going to be taking abuse like that its not a good idea and will cost the city more in the long run.

Secondly not using as many supports is also a horrible idea. When a bmxer rides over a transition it puts a ton of stress on the wood and it needs a ton of supports so you don't ride through the face of the ramp.

If your city is trying to build a park tell them the best way to do it is to build it properly, it keeps insurance rates down and makes maintenance less of an issue.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

10/27/2009 8:44 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

No... First using osb on a public skatepark is a horrible idea. Its okay for little projects at home but something that is going to be taking abuse like that its not a good idea and will cost the city more in the long run.

Secondly not using as many supports is also a horrible idea. When a bmxer rides over a transition it puts a ton of stress on the wood and it needs a ton of supports so you don't ride through the face of the ramp.

If your city is trying to build a park tell them the best way to do it is to build it properly, it keeps insurance rates down and makes maintenance less of an issue.

Thank you!! haha...

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

10/27/2009 9:25 AM

Nooo. It's a private park. The osb is just for the tops of the decks to the rollins. No transitions or anything out of osb. Rays has all there decks a d stuff built out of osb

|