Ramp set up

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2019 4:40 PM

Looking for some recommendations to add , waiting for skatelite to arrive also.

|

9/3/2019 5:00 PM

Curved wall ride and ledge box

|

9/3/2019 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2019 5:21 PM

Looks like it will be very rugged the way you've positioned your 2x4s. Would like to see updates as they come, and I'm sure others would too.

I would recommend a decent sized platform at the top of at least one of the half-pipes if that wasn't already in the plans.

Simply awesome!

|

9/3/2019 9:27 PM

Have you actually ordered the satellite yet? If you haven't, theres this other company I've been following called Gator skinz (look em up on Instagram) that makes a similar thing for WAAAAY cheaper.

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

9/4/2019 7:03 AM

The one thing missing is that being in my backyard. I am working on clearance from the wife to make something like that over time. Honestly I just want a 16 foot wide, 4.5 foot tall mini. I don't even need a spine (yet...).

A smaller version of Nyquists setup would be rad! You have a spine, and it widens towards a "spox" (spine with wide deck or small box). Maybe the ability to add a hitching post (subrail) somewhere?

Is any of that wood treated? It kinda doesn't look like it. I would suggest paint before you fully assemble it either way, and try to get it off the dirt being in a place that gets snow. It will rot the bottom out in two seasons. Hit up a local hazardous material drop off place-you can score free paint. Find anything that is outdoor if possible, and then COAT the whole thing. Might want a vapor barrier under the skatelite too.

Coping on the spine or just a 2x4 or 2x6?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/4/2019 8:13 AM

Sub rail for the hip

|

9/5/2019 9:25 AM

Looks awesome! Along with the other suggestions I'd recommend maybe a vert wall somewhere, or at least a taller quarter (since those will feel small quick) and also a sub-box a few feet high on one of those quarters for lip trick stuff. The widened spin/box is awesome, and maybe you'd want one on each side of the spine? Nice work! And don't forget to paint it.

|

9/23/2019 5:18 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

The one thing missing is that being in my backyard. I am working on clearance from the wife to make something like that over time. Honestly I just want a 16 foot wide, 4.5 foot tall mini. I don't even need a spine (yet...).

A smaller version of Nyquists setup would be rad! You have a spine, and it widens towards a "spox" (spine with wide deck or small box). Maybe the ability to add a hitching post (subrail) somewhere?

Is any of that wood treated? It kinda doesn't look like it. I would suggest paint before you fully assemble it either way, and try to get it off the dirt being in a place that gets snow. It will rot the bottom out in two seasons. Hit up a local hazardous material drop off place-you can score free paint. Find anything that is outdoor if possible, and then COAT the whole thing. Might want a vapor barrier under the skatelite too.

Coping on the spine or just a 2x4 or 2x6?

Just a 2x6

|

9/23/2019 5:18 AM

tubbytime wrote:

Looks like it will be very rugged the way you've positioned your 2x4s. Would like to see updates as they come, and I'm sure others would too.

I would recommend a decent sized platform at the top of at least one of the half-pipes if that wasn't already in the plans.

Simply awesome!

Yes, we did very large decks on both sides

|

9/24/2019 5:07 AM

thesonofsand wrote:

Just a 2x6

Perfect, easy to stall etc, and easy to replace if your pegs dig into it (assuming you run pegs of course)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura