Ran over my own foot = sprained ankle..wtf?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2014 1:22 PM

Yes I ran over my foot, yeah I know, I'm a dumbass. Worse shit has happened to me b4 so this is peanuts in comparison.

OK, so while I was biking yesterday, I was grinding my 18" high x18' long practice rail on the right side and slid off rather than popped off. Well, I was leaning left when I landed and my left foot was hanging too far forward. My toe dug into the dirt and basically ripped me off the bike. I was looking at my heel. Shit hurt for a minute! I wasn't even going that fast. Actually pretty damn slow which is why I had to slide off. I slide the whole 18ft rail and lost momentum..lol

This is the second time this has happened to me. Same ankle. Weak ankle? My feet are sz 12. and I did this on my cousins 170mm crank arms so there was a little more clearance to ground than on my bike. I think if I was on my bike I would have just scuffed ground and that'd be it. 1st time happened on my mountain bike when I put my foot down after I crashed into a tree doing 25mph.

Has this happened to anyone else? If I put the ball of my feet on the pedals I hit the rear peg so I generally ride with my foot a little more forward than most. I don't know as if frame size has anything to do with it because that is TT length and not CS length.

The only solution would be to remove my rear peg or reposition my feet every single time I come up to an obstacle = PITMFA

|

7/11/2014 1:35 PM

Dude I've ran over my own foot and leg crashing before it's a bad time man

|

7/11/2014 2:31 PM

I faceplanted while smith-riding a ledge so whatever you do can not nearly be as embaressing as that.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/11/2014 2:47 PM

It sucks. My ankle is huge and i'll likely be down for another week or so. At least I didnt break it.

|