Random Projects

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2013 12:09 PM

Anyone just started any random projects and given up halfway though?

I just found a receipt from a primo axle I tried to put into a profile hub with a primo driver, as far as I remember I needed to machine the inside of the shell out a few mm and I could use the same bearings, think I given up and sold it in parts.

I'd made a custom half peg for the front I'd use to put my foot on when I sat down and rolled because my leg was fucked.

Can't think of much else, anyone else done weird.stupid shit like this?

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

8/5/2013 12:39 PM

I just finished one. Made a plastic slack washer for my coaster. Crank flips didn't work well with the metal one and it didn't have enough slack

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/5/2013 12:40 PM

I am making some neat things from bike parts for my groomsmen for my wedding.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/5/2013 12:49 PM

I was lacing a 48h hub to a 36h rim but I gave up. Plus, chrome gives me a headache.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/5/2013 12:53 PM

I made whatever the hell this thing is out of an old 48h rim & a bunch of shoelaces

Photo

|

8/5/2013 1:00 PM

That's dope^

|

8/5/2013 1:01 PM

Bmx dream catcher.smile

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

8/5/2013 1:13 PM

I put some BMX wheels on an old road bike frame with MTB bars. I gave up when the cranks where too long.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/5/2013 1:20 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I was lacing a 48h hub to a 36h rim but I gave up. Plus, chrome gives me a headache.

I did this a while back, against the advice of a lot of people, and it stayed truer than my current wheels.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/5/2013 1:32 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I did this a while back, against the advice of a lot of people, and it stayed truer than my current wheels.

Haha I was using the old threads you commented on to try and lace it.

|

Instagram

8/5/2013 1:42 PM

tomdon wrote:

I just finished one. Made a plastic slack washer for my coaster. Crank flips didn't work well with the metal one and it didn't ...more

Isn't a plastic washer the downfall of the Ezra coaster? That's just from what i've read, i've never rode one of anything, not hating.

|

I got refs

8/5/2013 1:50 PM

tomdon wrote:

I just finished one. Made a plastic slack washer for my coaster. Crank flips didn't work well with the metal one and it didn't ...more

zenith111 wrote:

Isn't a plastic washer the downfall of the Ezra coaster? That's just from what i've read, i've never rode one of anything, not ...more

it was a plastic clutch plate that caused problems... not a slack washer.,..

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/5/2013 1:59 PM

tomdon wrote:

zenith111 wrote:

Isn't a plastic washer the downfall of the Ezra coaster? That's just from what i've read, i've never rode one of anything, not ...more

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Ah, I don't know bugger all about coasters, I can just about ride one though, I was tempted to put one on my Stranger.

|

I got refs

8/5/2013 2:13 PM

zenith111 wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

zenith111 wrote:

Ah, I don't know bugger all about coasters, I can just about ride one though, I was tempted to put one on my Stranger.

truthfully i dont know anything about freecoasters either.. but i remmber a thread a while back about it...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/5/2013 2:23 PM

tomdon wrote:

zenith111 wrote:

It was a clutch plate that was prone to issues like deviantbmx said. And I was the one that started the thread about it. I'm not sure how many actually had the issue though. And I'm not sure how well the plastic slack washer will work but I'll let everyone know once I can ride. Just waiting for my spokes

|

8/5/2013 2:23 PM

i really love those simple bmx wheel slammers. i got a new frame and needed a bigger one (like 5 mm) and cant find the fucking things any where. i have been making new ones out of all kinds of things as they get fucked up. washers work ok. i folded the top of my cinnamon toast crunch box up and that actually worked really well for like 6 days. plastic sucks, my roomates house key is fucking awesome and has held up for like a couple weeks now. but i have to walk down the stairs to let him in sometimes so that kinda sucks.

idk, i wish there was a better way...

|

8/5/2013 6:25 PM

trainwrex wrote:

i really love those simple bmx wheel slammers. i got a new frame and needed a bigger one (like 5 mm) and cant find the fucking ...more

Sidewallactionsports.com

|

Instagram

8/5/2013 6:38 PM

i have a wheel i was trying to lace but kept failing at i think it was the spokes it would be loose even after being trued and stuff like that after about 20 something tries and running out of spokes and popping a tire i gave up on it now its on top of my bookshelf of broken/spare parts

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/6/2013 11:55 AM

I was building an upside down bike out of random parts, as in with the forks and bars the other way round so the seats at the bottom and sprocket on the top, and I only had a shitty 3/8" dropout frame and 14mm back wheels so I set about filing down the dropouts to fit a 14mm wheel, but I ended up giving up after doing one dropout and half of the other.

|