Random shit I thought about.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2014 5:19 PM

Wouldn’t you say that sometimes when mentioning a tire size, it can make more sense in some instances to mention either the inflated tire size or both inflated and deflated size?

Is a freecoaster really all that worth it, I am actually a fan of maintenance, not as much of overly frequent maintenance but just a routine kind of maintenance. I honestly am kind of not so hyped on wanting a coaster anymore. So would I really not be missing out on much?

More about maintenance, do any of you guys find it relaxing in a certain way, like an example for me is. When I built up a bike for the first time, like took it apart and rebuilt it, it was kind of relaxing because I did not have to get stressed out over putting a certain thing together because instead of doing a similar process, I learned that process. And I found it fun, this third topic kind of has to do with freecoaster maintenance, I just like to learn certain components about bikes and how they work and are put together and taken apart.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

3/29/2014 5:25 PM

I prefer riding tires at 100 to 110 psi the bike rolls allot faster at that psi, as far as freecoasters go my buddy has had a khe for 3 years and hasn't maintained it once and it still works like its brand new and he rides fairly hard but he's pretty smooth .....I guess it depends on how hard you beat it up ......I like to get my bike dialed in then not have to maintain it for months on end

|

3/29/2014 5:30 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I prefer riding tires at 100 to 110 psi the bike rolls allot faster at that psi, as far as freecoasters go my buddy has had a ...more

what i meant was, like you mention a 2.10 tire for example, you say 2.10 but you also mention how big it inflates to. so lets say 2.10 deflated up to 2.25 inflated. that is what i meant.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

3/29/2014 5:32 PM

I find taking a bike apart relaxing to an extent. If my bike was exactly how i wanted it it would be the most relaxing thing in the world.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/29/2014 5:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2014 5:43 PM

Agreed on the maintenance. Im a natural grease monkey and like working on my bike just as much as riding it.

|

3/29/2014 5:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2014 5:57 PM

I personally do not think freecoasters are worth it but that is just my opinion. As for maintenance, i definitely do not find this relaxing, when i first started out and managed to pull a bike apart and put it back together, i felt accomplished and happy about it however after doing it over and over again it just get frustrating. Not as bad as working on my car though, that shit gets real annoying haha.

|

3/29/2014 6:07 PM

Trev wrote:

I personally do not think freecoasters are worth it but that is just my opinion. As for maintenance, i definitely do not find ...more

this

|

3/29/2014 6:18 PM

Ehh when maintenance is good, i dont mind at all. Like when shit strips out, i GET PISSED. Or if when things wont go right. I get mad then. I don't care too much if i have a coaster or not, but as for if they are worth it, YES. For street i LOVE a coaster. For park, not so much, but it is still fine, for trails and jumps and shit, no way.

Coasters are rad, anyone that doesn't think know doesn't know how to ride one properly. Once you understand slack, it isnt hard at all really. Easier, in fact. and nothing feels better than flying down the road not hearing a sound and doing a long manual. Either that or going backwards for a long time not even trying and doing a big halfcab.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/29/2014 8:22 PM

Last time something went wrong with el whippo i threw a screwdriver through a wall, so i guess its not all relaxing.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/29/2014 8:48 PM

Tire size should be pronouced on the manufacters size , not on how much it actually inflates to. Circumstances create factors that can vary the inflated width per tire.

Freecoasters are fun and not that difficult. I've opened mine twice , so maybe 1th a month. It's weird at first but gets better. Maintence shouldn't hold you back too much

Maintence is fun but when I screw up , like putting my wheel on backwards or cranks on the wrong side , is frustrating lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/30/2014 4:01 AM

I fucking hate fixing my stuff, id rather just ride my bike.
And a fc can add some posibilitties, but its not for everyone.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/30/2014 7:16 AM

I had some Demolition Momentums that were 2.2, and after some riding they stretched a tad and were closer to a 2.25/2.3, and I think a lot of places are starting to show inflated sizes.

Freecoasters are a good time, but they aren't necessarily easier for fakies. The big difference is a lack of backpedaling while going backwards. When it comes to maintaining them, most places say a monthly or bimonthly clean and regrease is a good idea. A buddy of mine ran a Reverse he got used, for two years, without any cleaning. He rode everything from park, to flatland to street to dirt. Once he did clean it out, he started seeing issues. If you want one, get a convertible hub that can be either. Kink has some parts coming out (Or out already) to turn their Incite (I think that was the one) into a freecoaster, similar to the Ezra coaster/cassette.

I love working on my bike, dialing it in.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/30/2014 7:36 AM

I like maintaining my bike.
I just rebuilt it today. It makes me excited, building bikes are great especially when it's dialed.

I also use a freecoaster because I'm not a fan of loud hubs. and I ride flatland too.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/30/2014 9:15 AM

I may be tossing my coaster back on for the heck of it next session.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura