Rant 8-s Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2014 4:01 PM

Just want to change my crank size down to 165 to better fit my leg size, 175 feels wrong, and everybody i talk to and have read says changing the drive to 165mm/25/9 will end up feeling the same as 175mm/27/9 So I saw these on Dan's lighter then my current cranks and in the chrome finish at 165mm so I was just wondering if anybody has ever used these before.

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/452524/Rant_8-S_Cranks.html

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/24/2014 5:28 PM

Take a look at the Stolen cranks... They might be a better crank for you. My Salt plus were sweet for the price.

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

12/24/2014 5:48 PM

didnt see any stolen cranks at 165mm, 170s might be okay, But never tried it before, 165's felt really good when I rode one it before.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/24/2014 6:01 PM

I wouldn't get 8 Spline cranks. They're not that good. I would get some nice fit indents later on.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/24/2014 6:06 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I wouldn't get 8 Spline cranks. They're not that good. I would get some nice fit indents later on.

yeah I think I'm just gonna deal with the 175's till i can afford some good cranks, like thunderbolts, or indents...
or Profiles

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/24/2014 7:51 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Mine are great. So they're not 48, whatever. My redline flights rule. No wobble either.

|

12/24/2014 8:11 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Mine are great. So they're not 48, whatever. My redline flights rule. No wobble either.

I dont know, 175 cranks just feel so strange for my legs, and theirs not many options in the size i really need. I'm thinking ill just get the rants or sakers as a temp option.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/24/2014 9:04 PM

There are other cranks that come in 165, and also chrome.

Honestly don't skimp out on something like cranks, you get what you pay for in this case. You pay $60 for a set of cheap cranks now, you're gonna end up paying more later on once they break. Get something stronger that's gonna last instead of wasting money on a pair of cranks now, then another pair later on.

|

12/24/2014 9:39 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

There are other cranks that come in 165, and also chrome.

Honestly don't skimp out on something like cranks, you get what you pay for in this case. You pay $60 for a set of cheap cranks now, you're gonna end up paying more later on once they break. Get something stronger that's gonna last instead of wasting money on a pair of cranks now, then another pair later on.

to true, to true, I never waste my time on cheap shit anyways- I dont know why i even made this thread- My birthdays in june and between now and then I'll be able to save up enough to upgrade my cranks and bb

Thunderbolts FTW

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop