Rant Bangin 8 Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2018 5:56 AM

Hey guys, just looking around at some parts I might be buying sometime soon, and cam across these. As some of you may know I am notorious for breaking my shit. Not because it gets abused, but ridden hard and used. It says 4130 Chromo arms and spindle, and I have been running OEM stock Sunday cranks looking to upgrade. What do you guys think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RANT-BANGIN-8-CRANKS-BMX-BIKE-170mm-FIT-HARO-SHADOW-SUBROSA-CULT-DK-SE-BLACK/312024241007?hash=item48a618136f:g:EuYAAOSwLahaySMC

|

5/31/2018 6:08 AM

those are the same thing as your sunday cranks. if you're breaking parts i'd get something beefier.

|

It’s all bmx

5/31/2018 6:13 AM

I haven't broken the cranks yet, but what would you recommend the best deal would be for some 170mm cranks?

|

5/31/2018 6:19 AM

Save up for when they break then get indents, profiles,akimbos or thunderbolts

|

Hmmm

5/31/2018 6:43 AM

Ok, I was thinking about profiles but dam they are expensive bro.
I was gonna buy used bichins.

|

5/31/2018 6:58 AM

WildeB33st wrote:

Ok, I was thinking about profiles but dam they are expensive bro.
I was gonna buy used bichins.

Saving your money not an option?

|

It’s all bmx

5/31/2018 7:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2018 7:21 AM

Just get any chromoly 48 spline cranks, Volume just dropped some 48 spline chromoly cranks for just $100, save up.

http://volumebikes.com/product/volume-foundation-cranks-parts/

|

5/31/2018 8:21 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Save up for when they break then get indents, profiles,akimbos or thunderbolts

Or eclat cranks

|

5/31/2018 9:05 AM

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/31/2018 9:20 AM

Rants are not an upgrade to your cranks. Get Profiles or Powerbites, or the other great options out there. I don't understand why people buy cheap cranks if they ride seriously.

|

5/31/2018 9:35 AM

Profile or thunderbolts, other cranks may as well not exist

|

5/31/2018 9:51 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

So true, so very true.

But if you are on a tight budget you can get some 48spline cranks for under $100

Take a look, $100 plus shipping with bottom bracket. You can find Salt Plus Pro cranks for about $85, but no BB. So IF you don’t have a 19mm BB you will have to get one.

https://www.acebmx.com/cranks-with-bb-c-1_8/fit-indent-19-cranks-p-18669.html

|

5/31/2018 11:02 AM

A shop on eBay has thunderbolts for 110 I bought A pair

|

brakeless maniac

5/31/2018 11:09 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Or Indents, I love my 24mm Indents

|

5/31/2018 12:47 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Nah. Profiles if you like flex, thunderbolts if you don't. That's it. No other cranks are necessary. They both have lifetime warranty.

|

5/31/2018 12:51 PM

Thunderbolts.

|

5/31/2018 1:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2018 1:03 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Nah. Profiles if you like flex, thunderbolts if you don't. That's it. No other cranks are necessary. They both have lifetime warranty.

2 key words when I buy parts or frames
Lifetime Warranty ???

Side note:
Only some Profile cranks flex. I had a set for 3yrs and no flex ever. I did snap one at the spindle but...Lifetime Warranty’s rule. Mat sent a new arm and new bearings (I didn’t even ask for the bearings he said just in case they were old) and I was riding in 48hrs he sent them priority mail 3 day max.

|

5/31/2018 1:17 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

2 key words when I buy parts or frames
Lifetime Warranty ???

Side note:
Only some Profile cranks flex. I had a set for 3yrs and no flex ever. I did snap one at the spindle but...Lifetime Warranty’s rule. Mat sent a new arm and new bearings (I didn’t even ask for the bearings he said just in case they were old) and I was riding in 48hrs he sent them priority mail 3 day max.

Yeah, I've pretty much always had profiles and never really noticed the flex. It was only when I had twombolts I realised there was something I just preferred about profiles, and guessed they must have a little more flex.

|

5/31/2018 1:55 PM

Yep, Id agree that these cranks would be a waste of money for someone that is rough on gear.

Im partial to Thunderbolts although they are annoying to get off when you want to change a sprocket or switch the cranks to a diff frame...

|

5/31/2018 1:57 PM

I’ve never had a legit concern about what cranks I’ve ridden . From my experience , I’ve only noticed a very slight difference in how stiff higher end cranks will feel . Length does matter though , one of the reasons I bought my Animal Akimbos . I’ve ridden a cheaper of MacNeil consplined cranks and they were probably the best feeling cranks I’ve ridden and they’re not Thunderbolts or Profiles .

At the end of the day , if someone swapped some Subrosa Bitchin cranks , or Fit cranks on my bike , I wouldn’t worry . I’m not saying I’m hard on parts , but I ride fairly consistently in summer and I’m not just riding curbs , I look for gaps and drops too . Anything should last you .

Stay away from budget cranks though , there’s no real reason to buy something for your bike that isn’t a superior product unless you’re just starting. If you’re out trying shit , save some money and look for any deals , you can always spray paint your cranks if they’re a cheap pair in a tacky colour .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/31/2018 2:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2018 3:09 PM

never buy 8 spline, you will regret it.
just got them in 165 48 spline and i cant say anything bad about them, but i rode them just a couple of times (~5-6 times)

|

5/31/2018 2:32 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Or the new 22mm profiles if you want American made without the flex

|

Hmmm

5/31/2018 2:42 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Indents for lyf

lolol

My next cranks will probably be Thunderbolts, I got my Fit Indents, a 24mm bottom bracket, a Fit Keyguard 28t sprocket, and Kink Senec pedals for $130, and they were literally only ridden ONCE.

So I was like, I need new cranks, sprocket, and pedals, and I was like welp. Fuck it! So I mean if I didn't get such a good deal on them, I would probably have Thunderbolts yeah

But I actally really like the Indents alot! I honestly think for cranks,
1. Thunderbolts
2. Profile
3. Indents

|

5/31/2018 9:34 PM

I've had the same set of Profile GHD's for 8 years. They also imo 'feel' better than any cranks I've stepped on. My buddy has Thunderbolts which I perceive as 'better; cranks. But the ride just doesn't have that amazing profile feel.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/1/2018 3:33 AM

Spenlard wrote:

I've had the same set of Profile GHD's for 8 years. They also imo 'feel' better than any cranks I've stepped on. My buddy has Thunderbolts which I perceive as 'better; cranks. But the ride just doesn't have that amazing profile feel.

I have some eclat Tibia cranks and these things are still solid after 3 years..replaced the spindle once after 2 years but they were like new after that

|

6/1/2018 6:31 AM

|

6/1/2018 6:34 AM

Whelp ok boyz, guess im gonna buy some Thunderbolts. I am probably gonna have to buy them used but whatever.

|

6/1/2018 6:08 PM

Spenlard wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

I have some eclat Tibia cranks and these things are still solid after 3 years..replaced the spindle once after 2 years but they were like new after that

Tibias are good, the 2.5 eclat cranks are always solid

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert