Rate my BMX (Beginner)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/23/2016 1:39 PM

Sup vitalbmx.. I got my BMX about a month a go and love it. I have been cycling with a mountain bike since I was 6 and am now 15 so excited to start learning more and more new tricks! Anyway.. Rate my BMX, here it is :

Fit Pledge 2016

Photo

|

8/23/2016 1:47 PM

ride it till the wheels fall off

|

It’s all bmx

8/23/2016 1:59 PM

The Come Up Facebook group is this way.

if you want to have your bike "rated" then post it in the bike checks section along with a full parts list and photos you took and not off Google

|

8/23/2016 2:03 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

The Come Up Facebook group is this way.

if you want to have your bike "rated" then post it in the bike checks section ...more

Jheeze okay haha, no need to be mad

|

8/23/2016 2:51 PM

Cynical wrote:

Jheeze okay haha, no need to be mad

Welcome to the internet.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/23/2016 3:56 PM

It's a stock bike. It's cool, but it's nothing special. I don't mean any offence by that at all. But anyone can go into a shop and buy the exact same bike

|

8/23/2016 3:58 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's a stock bike. It's cool, but it's nothing special. I don't mean any offence by that at all. But anyone can go into a shop ...more

Oh I know that.. I'm just wondering if its a good bike

|

8/23/2016 4:16 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

This, then get some new wheels that don't have those ugly ass tires , other then the tires and grips looks like a nice bike man

|

8/23/2016 10:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2016 10:24 PM

I say some black grips and tires. I'm not a huge fan of loudly colored setups, but that's just me.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/24/2016 2:48 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

this. basically have fun with it. and dont waste your money buying new parts and shit for it. buy new stuff as it breaks down

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/24/2016 8:19 AM

I would rate it 10+ cause it is your first and there is so much potential there. It has that "new car smell"

I would rate it a 5 on looks only cause of the big tan tires. As some have mentioned, not my thing, but the frame and everything else is pretty sweet

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

8/24/2016 8:23 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

I would rate it 10+ cause it is your first and there is so much potential there. It has that "new car smell"

I would rate it ...more

Awesome smile Thanks.

|

8/24/2016 6:36 PM

should of got a verde

|

8/25/2016 9:45 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

I would rate it ...more

Cynical wrote:

Awesome smile Thanks.

No problem. I am definitely old skool in the fact that tires should be black, with white lettering on them.

BUT, I think the tires that have black tread and tan sidewalls would actually look sweet on it.

And I agree with Verde Kid...if it was a Verde it would get a 10000000 rating, but I am just biased to the "home team" (The Verde factory is a mile from where I live), and I have almost saved up enough to get a Verde Luxe

The cool thing is that the skeletal structure is there, and you now have a palette to make your own as you replace parts etc.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

8/25/2016 10:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2016 10:39 AM

Verde Kid wrote:

should of got a verde

Bro, I just got the 2015 Verde Vex! Check out my post in bike check! I'm going to send in an envelope for free stickers

By the way, good bike bud!

|

8/25/2016 5:27 PM

Seriously dialed looking bike! Those parts should last you a long time. Make sure you have good tools, replacement tubes, tube patches and then learn how to work on your bike.

If I had to change one thing about that bike it would be the stem. A decade ago that style (frontload) was all the rage but now topload stems are where it's at. You can get the same feeling as a top load by simply flipping your stem upside down

Also with the tools, check and make sure all your bolts are tight after the first few sessions. If u don't know how to work on your bike there are plenty of YouTube videos on the subject I'm sure

Happy riding and congrats!

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

8/26/2016 8:17 AM

Metalbmxer wrote:

Seriously dialed looking bike! Those parts should last you a long time. Make sure you have good tools, replacement tubes, tube ...more

Thanks my man! The bike was pre built and is actually so tight I can't even take the middle part of the stem off, I even tried using a drill to unscrew but it doesn't want to come off. Thanks for all the tips and I actually just bought a BMX tool kit from SourceBMX and pretty much has everything you need to build a bike and maintain one. Thanks for the info! What stem do you think I should get instead of the current one?

|

8/26/2016 10:29 AM

Ah good on ya for getting the toolkit! You should never resort to using a drill tho. Truthfully ride the bike how it is now and get used to it. Then further down the line you can see what your preference is in reach, height, and shape. My favorite stem is the Madera Mast topload stem (made in the USA by profile racing)

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider