Raw frame rusting already, please help!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2013 12:40 PM

My new frame is factory raw, been riden 3 times, kept inside and already has quite a few fucking rust lines. What the fuck, how can I prevent this?

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/22/2013 12:43 PM

The rust won't do anything.. it's surface rust

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

7/22/2013 12:43 PM

Clearcoat?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/22/2013 12:47 PM

rust is fine.. its just surface rust.. if you want it to stay raw without rust you will need to clearcoat it...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/22/2013 12:50 PM

It is clearcoated, I know it's just surface rust, but still.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/22/2013 12:50 PM

Its just crappy factory clearcoat Freddy! My T-1 has little "Chicken Feet" rust lines & i think it looks great! I left it out in my damp crappy garage to make it "worse" It looks great after a little while. If its not your thing then i would strip the current clearcoat off with paint stripper & then go over the frame with a LOT of clearcoat, Like 2 or 3 cans & it should prevent it. However I'm afraid its a bit of a trait with Raw Frames it happens to them all in time.

|

7/22/2013 12:53 PM

Topsey wrote:

Its just crappy factory clearcoat Freddy! My T-1 has little "Chicken Feet" rust lines & i think it looks great! I left it out in my damp crappy garage to make it "worse" It looks great after a little while. If its not your thing then i would strip the current clearcoat off with paint stripper & then go over the frame with a LOT of clearcoat, Like 2 or 3 cans & it should prevent it. However I'm afraid its a bit of a trait with Raw Frames it happens to them all in time.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

7/22/2013 1:27 PM

It's the "rat-look"
Can't you do a new paint-job or something ? That helps....

|

Gravity sucks

7/22/2013 2:16 PM

Get a lacquer based clear coat, too. It will flex a bit more so you won't get cracks as the frame expands thus exposing the metal. Mine is still holding up over a year later and having been in a humid coastal climate. I do have a lol surface rust because I didn't coat it quick enough. In humid air it took just 30 min to get specks of rust on it. You can also get adhesion promoter at Autozone or other auto part stores that will assist the clear coat in staying put.

|

7/22/2013 3:33 PM

What do you expect? You want help? Paint it.

|

7/22/2013 4:08 PM

the best thing to do would be get a non porous clear coat or a lacquer based one,

personally I like the rust on my bike though I don't know why

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin