Rawing a bmx frame

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2014 9:44 PM

I've been thinking about rawing my frame recently, I know HOW to raw it but every YouTube video I see of peoples raw frames, are always like a bright silver. I want my frame to have a more copper tint to it like this bikePhoto

Any tips?

Here's my bike right now.
Photo

|

3/11/2014 7:28 AM

I dont know what paint stores you have but one of the ones by my house has a trans gold that could work if alot of layers are used

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/11/2014 8:12 AM

Yeah man. I'm pretty sure the bike you posted has a translucent gold on it.

|

2/13/2016 8:26 PM

I just rawed my bmx frame Photo

using acid or any paint remover i had left it for 3 days before i rub the paint off with the course steel wool.. After that i pait it with clear lacquer and it look brownish like the pics.. All the best

|

2/14/2016 8:03 AM

Yeah just strip it with paint stripper and clear coat it. Don't take the paint stripper off with anything too abrasive, that's what makes it shiny. I put trans black my frame, forks and bars and it's got a slightly copper effect to it after just a couple of coats. You want the metal to look a little weathered/dull before you clear coat it, so don't sand it down or anything, just let the paint stripper do its job and wipe it off with a rag. Then give it a good clean and degrease before using the clear coat

|

2/14/2016 8:52 PM

If using air craft paint stripper make sure to wear gloves, that shit burns.

|

BIKE CHECK!
BEEN HERE SINCE 07 TRUE OG
if you’re pegs ain’t steel, you ain’t real
refs- way to many just ask around
FLICKR
CRAZY MAAZY