Re-up

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2013 10:06 PM

Just saying hi. Also , in Canada , right now with the wind chill , it's -14 celcius outside. ITS COLD. I went out with 2 tshirts , and a fat crewneck and I was still cold. I had some gloves and they helped alot , but the ice , busy traffic , and all the salt made riding hard. Added with the uncomfortable gloves , it was pretty sketchy. I did some 180's and tried hop bars but I just couldn't ride 100% so I ended up going home shortly after.

I hope everyone is having a better time riding than me ! Be safe guys , it is dangerous with all the added factors of winter and upcoming christmas.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/6/2013 10:09 PM

Thats why I'll never leave socal, it,was like 70 today perfect weather

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/6/2013 10:10 PM

I tryed a buddy of mines bike and nothing my hands have no feeling within seconds.. Since I'm closer to the coat it's a lot colder.. -17 tonight with the windchill well ya.. And when I have no feeling in my hands then I can't really do anything.. The grips get rock solid to..

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/6/2013 10:16 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I tryed a buddy of mines bike and nothing my hands have no feeling within seconds.. Since I'm closer to the coat it's a lot colder.. -17 tonight with the windchill well ya.. And when I have no feeling in my hands then I can't really do anything.. The grips get rock solid to..

Straight up , I'm going mental not being able to ride enough , but it's legitmately painful when I try ! I like doing tiny nose-bonks while cruising around and all the damn ice and salt just screw you over ! And the gloves are ironic , they help against the wind but sketch you out too ! They keep you warm but you cant really feel yoru grips , and then they slip too. I guess it beats having cold hands though.

I love Canada , but with the weather , it's like summer is the only time you get to ride , thats when you learn everything and get good , then fall/winter/spring takes it away. So you end up having to relearn everything from last year.

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/6/2013 10:31 PM

For the Americans, that's about 7° Fahrenheit. You're fuckin nuts haha. I never go riding if the temperature drops below 30°, I have before and can only tolerate it for so long. 30° and above I'll ride but it sucks, I feel like I'm at half power, and the whole being bundled up thing doesn't help.

Usually wear a thermal, a t shirt, then a sweater for 40° or below, with a pair of gloves, or thermal, a t shirt, another thermal & then a sweater for 30°s with 2 pairs of gloves, all with a beanie

|

12/6/2013 10:38 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

For the Americans, that's about 7° Fahrenheit. You're fuckin nuts haha. I never go riding if the temperature drops below 30°, I have before and can only tolerate it for so long. 30° and above I'll ride but it sucks, I feel like I'm at half power, and the whole being bundled up thing doesn't help.

Usually wear a thermal, a t shirt, then a sweater for 40° or below, with a pair of gloves, or thermal, a t shirt, another thermal & then a sweater for 30°s with 2 pairs of gloves, all with a beanie

Yeaup , it's rideable but not by any means the most enjoyable. But I'm on my bike so it's fun ! Thanks haha , it's even more fun when you bomb down steep , icy hills dodging traffic (I manage to live on the worst hill in Surrey , plus it's right before the highway so it's always packed lol) .

I just muck around with flat tricks , not alot of energy required. Just manualing lines and 180's make me happy , along with footjams smile Clothing wise , it's a MUST to have at leat a decent tee and a big jacket , and thats not even comfortable. The other day I had an undershirt , 2 tshirts , fleece jacket and was about to throw a light hoodie on top. It's your ears and hands that get you though. I can't ride without a helmet , especially in sketch conditions , but practically if any skin shows , it will hurt.

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/6/2013 10:49 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Yeaup , it's rideable but not by any means the most enjoyable. But I'm on my bike so it's fun ! Thanks haha , it's even more fun when you bomb down steep , icy hills dodging traffic (I manage to live on the worst hill in Surrey , plus it's right before the highway so it's always packed lol) .

I just muck around with flat tricks , not alot of energy required. Just manualing lines and 180's make me happy , along with footjams smile Clothing wise , it's a MUST to have at leat a decent tee and a big jacket , and thats not even comfortable. The other day I had an undershirt , 2 tshirts , fleece jacket and was about to throw a light hoodie on top. It's your ears and hands that get you though. I can't ride without a helmet , especially in sketch conditions , but practically if any skin shows , it will hurt.

Definitely agree on the ears & hands part. sometimes toes, but most the times my fingers are the worst. I love riding & solo seshes but it's just not worth it when it's that cold to go out alone, to me it sucks more cause at least when it gets cold out with friends we can always go chill somewhere like McDonald's or something & get a hot chocolate, then go back out.

couple years ago we stopped doing tricks for half the Winter when it snowed a lot & instead just rode our bikes out to the mall, cause behind that was this hill covered in snow next to a car collision repair center, so they always had car scrap parts laying around. I guess the rain froze over the hill, making it really hard & slippery, so we took the scrap car hoods and sledded down the hill on them. it was so much fun

|

12/6/2013 11:46 PM

Wow that really is cold. The coldest I've rode in was probably about -2 Celsius.

|

12/7/2013 6:39 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

lucky . i always wanted to live in socal , i hate seasons you enjoy summer than spend the rest wishing it was warm again , plus winter clothes cost so much a good jacket is well over $100 just itself

|

12/7/2013 7:58 AM

its like -40 degrees with the win chill here

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

12/7/2013 7:58 AM

socal rocks, maybe rains 10 times a year max in santa barbara

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/7/2013 8:39 AM

It was -40 Celsius yesterday here in alberta And still cold today......fucken sucks but I'm glad it's not a moist cold like in vancouver

|

12/7/2013 9:11 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

dude its like 50 every day for me. i think I'm further south than you

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/7/2013 10:02 AM

Well , enjoy that you guys can ride ! I wish I was living there !

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/7/2013 7:22 PM

Well , enjoy that you guys can ride ! I wish I was living there !

Dude you Live IN SURRY that's an hour away finally someone who lives close to me..

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/7/2013 7:28 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Dude you Live IN SURRY that's an hour away finally someone who lives close to me..

Yo sick ! I'm shit at riding but if you're around , I can show you some spots and the local parks

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/7/2013 8:04 PM

Yo sick ! I'm shit at riding but if you're around , I can show you some spots and the local parks

I'm shit to.. What can u do? Trick list?

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/8/2013 7:36 AM

Indoor parks save the winters.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/8/2013 10:36 AM

I miss the south for this reason. SNOW IS AN ASSHOLE.

I came from Alabama so every winter im mad the whole time bc i wanna ride like no other. haha Partially the reason im starting to flatland thru the winter. Ill ride snow and stuff, idc, but if i cant find a dry place to do a 360 i go nuts. A 360 a day, no matter what is my goal. Also a barspin if possible. That way i know i can still ride when the weather gets good.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/8/2013 12:55 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

180's , 360's , 3 taps flat , 180 flat , almost had whips , used to do feebles but pegless now , manual a bit , I can nose bonk/manny sidewalks.

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/8/2013 3:59 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

180's , 360's , 3 taps flat , 180 flat , almost had whips , used to do feebles but pegless now , manual a bit , I can nose bonk/manny sidewalks.

Where just about the same skill level your just a bit better

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/8/2013 4:01 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Where just about the same skill level your just a bit better

Doesn't matter , I just have fun . I don't really try , I just do things that I like until I get bored and try more. Add me on facebook !

|

My Cult 2 Short