Really lucky find

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2018 5:06 PM

Haven't been on a bike for a while now. Kept getting injured and dislocated my shoulder, sold my bike and haven't owned a bmx for about a year. Been doing a lot of mountain biking and decided that i wanted to get back on a 20". Was debating on getting a cheap complete from craigslist or getting a high end complete or building up my own complete. Not tight on money but getting married in 8 months and honeymoon will cost a lot and had a lot of dentist work done.

So on a random sunday night i was on ebay and discovered my new ride. I probably looked at the pictures for about an hour and then decided to take a risk and buy the bike. The bike was only 279.99 with free shipping. Got the bike today and i took it apart except for the cranks. But nothing was stripped and rims were true. I can't believe that i got a fully aftermarket bike for less than 300. Its a fit td350 frame with odyssey directer forks, fit clubman bars, fit stem, odyssey thunderbolt cranks, ross tires, shadow sprocket, twisted pc pedals, front/rear hubs are odyssey, rims are odyssey aerospace, fit stem and seat. No idea what the seat post is and odyssey headset and bb. But i think i got a crazy deal. Cant wait for winter to end so i can ride more, just moved and live next to a skatepark. Photo

|

1/17/2018 5:15 PM

Nice! It looks good! Amd it doesn't look beat to ah*t like alot of used bikes, good find!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/17/2018 5:26 PM

Good choice

|

1/17/2018 7:19 PM

That bike is sex. Looks good as hell, and a hell of a deal! Nice find

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

1/17/2018 7:30 PM

Thats a rad find! was just thinking to myself how i haven't seen anyone running director forks in years.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/17/2018 8:02 PM

Cool deal! Looks nice

|

1/18/2018 5:27 AM

Solid find!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/18/2018 5:49 AM

Awesome parts list on that and it all looks fresh. Good find.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

1/18/2018 11:50 AM

Looks sick, I'd make it a flatland bike though if I were gonna keep the forks. Bet you whoever owned it was rich and had a kid who thought he liked bmx but moved to scooter because scooter is easy.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

1/18/2018 12:17 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

Looks sick, I'd make it a flatland bike though if I were gonna keep the forks. Bet you whoever owned it was rich and had a kid ...more

They're not flatland forks, they have a 32mm offset...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/18/2018 12:38 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

Looks sick, I'd make it a flatland bike though if I were gonna keep the forks. Bet you whoever owned it was rich and had a kid ...more

The directors have a bend in the legs to make up for the dropouts not being mounted on the fronts of the fork legs.

|

1/18/2018 3:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2018 3:07 PM

This is what I keep trying to tell people. Why buy a $300 complete, when you can get a $1500 bike for less than $300? It takes a little time and research, but every few months, I find a gem just like that. I take a few parts that I like, and sell the rest for a profit. I have 2 very nice custom bikes right now, and I've actually made money on them. You hear that? My bikes were free + profits. I guess I'm just cheap like that, but I can never pass up a good deal. I hate paying retail, I'm always looking at sales too. That's a really nice looking bike. Not sure if I like the directors on it. I have some myself, on a Sunday new wave. I think they work with Sunday frames, but I don't like the looks of them on a classic looking frame like that. Still very very nice bike.

|