Freecoaster problem, with pics

Related:
Create New Tag

6/13/2014 3:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2014 8:05 AM

So since my fc came, i have wanted to have more slack. So today i put it apart, take it apart, and disambled it. I removed all the spacers, but at the time of putting the fc away, the driver would only spin in the normal direction, not being able to spin the cranks backwards.
When i disambled the fc, i found like 3 tipes of spacers: 2 normal size ones with nothing special, 1 small one, and another one with normal size, but with some things in the side, so after trying a lot of combinations, i deduced that the slack spacers were useless and didnt put any. I put the ¨special¨ spacer at the left of the bearing, and since the driver wouldnt spin backawards anyways, not like it used to be, i put the small spacer in the clutch. Now it spins a bit backawards, but with a ¨dirty¨ spin, like it doesnt spin freely as it used to be before.
So, the question is, did i installed everything correctyl?
And, why doesnt the driver spin backwards freely?

*I have a federal v3 freecoaster
* I had already made sure that there is nothing broke, everything is in perfect shape.
*Pics down

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

6/13/2014 3:59 PM

is the hat washer in correctly?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/13/2014 4:13 PM

tomdon wrote:

is the hat washer in correctly?

Eeeemmm...... What piece is the hat washer?
xD

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

6/13/2014 4:40 PM

the washer from inside. its machined so its smaller on one end. you'll know it when you see it. it doesnt look like a regular washer

|

6/13/2014 4:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2014 4:48 PM

The washers on the inside of the top hat will make it have less slack , washers past the tophat will have more slack. So reaarrange the spacers so it's ok but make sure it's enough so when the driver disengages the clutch doesn't pop out of place.

Photo

So the clutch would go where the most amount of grease is shown (Where the little balls are protruding) so make sure it doesnt slip off that from all the slack. Whats shown is less slack. 90% sure I think.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/13/2014 4:59 PM

tomdon wrote:

the washer from inside. its machined so its smaller on one end. you'll know it when you see it. it doesnt look like a regular ...more

[LINK TO IMAGE]
DO you mean that ¨special spacer¨ in the middle of other two slack spacer at the bottom of the pic?
And have i done good putting the small spacer inside the clutch?
|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

6/13/2014 5:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2014 5:12 PM

Oh. You have a thrust bearing & no top hat spacer. That "special spacer" you speak of, is actually a thrust bearing. It allows for smoother back pedaling. That's why it feels so rough. Put that back in. You may not have the option to adjust the slack since that thrust bearing may be needed to prevent the clutch threads fron hitting the springs in the axle

|

6/13/2014 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2014 5:23 PM

tomdon wrote:

Oh. You have a thrust bearing & no top hat spacer. That "special spacer" you speak of, is actually a thrust bearing. It ...more

JUst saw skype

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

6/14/2014 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2014 8:07 AM

Here are the pics:
Photo

Photo

Photo

In those pics, the clutch is fully extended, another question that have come to my mind is, should it be touching a spacer when its fully extended?
And based on those pics, what is missing? I have 2 normal spacers more that came stock but i take them out cause i thought they were the slack washers, should i put them back?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

6/14/2014 8:59 AM

You're gonna have to put the washers back in. If not then your clutch may fully disengage and completely unthread from the driver or the clutch could end up grinding it's threads on the springs.

|

6/14/2014 9:01 AM

Aaaaannnnnd i'm never buying a coaster.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/14/2014 10:09 AM

Thanks tom, you were usefull. I have already put everything together and its running smothly.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

6/14/2014 1:25 PM

tomdon wrote:

You're gonna have to put the washers back in. If not then your clutch may fully disengage and completely unthread from the ...more

basically what I said but noooooo Brayden doesn't know shit about freecoasters even though he rides one and has been through these issues already....

|

My Cult 2 Short

6/14/2014 1:42 PM

tomdon wrote:

You're gonna have to put the washers back in. If not then your clutch may fully disengage and completely unthread from the ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

basically what I said but noooooo Brayden doesn't know shit about freecoasters even though he rides one and has been through ...more

Calm down Justin bieber, don't be an attention whore...

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

6/14/2014 1:46 PM

basically what I said but noooooo Brayden doesn't know shit about freecoasters even though he rides one and has been through ...more

Tom > Brayden

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/14/2014 1:47 PM

You need to put all the spacers back in. The ONLY one you can change is the hat spacer and you can do this buy purchasing a new one at a hardware store, ususally one is around. I cant guarantee it though.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/14/2014 2:04 PM

Haha you guys are fags lol

I really need to get a sarcasm font to use.

|

My Cult 2 Short

6/14/2014 2:18 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You need to put all the spacers back in. The ONLY one you can change is the hat spacer and you can do this buy purchasing a ...more

That was my first thought but after seeing the pics I realized, for whatever reason, that federal didn't use a tophat washer on the female coaster. Not sure why.

|

6/14/2014 3:47 PM

tomdon wrote:

TheRadDragon wrote:

Calm down Justin bieber, don't be an attention whore...

Photo
|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER