Rear Bub problem

Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2016 1:31 PM

My chain was loose yesterday and after I tightened it and tightened the bolts to my back wheel I noticed that my hub was really tight and I could pedal. I took my back wheel off again and tried to loosen the hub, I could spin it with my fingers but it wouldn't come loose or tighten I have no idea what to do

|

4/5/2016 1:52 PM

Does it have sealed bearings?
Best bet is to strip it, clean it, inspect it for damage, replace any damaged parts, grease it, and put it back together

|

4/5/2016 1:58 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Best bet is to strip it, clean it, inspect it for damage, replace any damaged parts, grease it, ...more

I have no idea but I can't strip it because the lock nut I think won't come off it just turns with out coming off.heres a picturePhoto

|

4/5/2016 3:07 PM

do you use washers?

|

4/5/2016 3:10 PM

Yeah why?

|

4/5/2016 3:17 PM

Sounds like you have a Wolverine problem. Take care of that and your Bub problem should resolve itself.

|

4/5/2016 3:25 PM

Not too sure what a wolverine is

|

4/5/2016 7:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Best bet is to strip it, clean it, inspect it for damage, replace any damaged parts, grease it, ...more

dgalus2244 wrote:

I have no idea but I can't strip it because the lock nut I think won't come off it just turns with out coming off.heres a ...more

Does it spin on the axel without coming off or does it not come off because the axel is spinning with it? You might be able to take off the one on the other side. Then tap the axel from that side and the axel will push out the driver and one of the hub bearings.

|

4/5/2016 8:18 PM

You gotta tighten the non-drive side to one of the frame dropouts from the outside real tight, and then use an adjustable wrench to take the lock nut off of the drive side so that you can pull out the driver. The axle doesn't come out and I don't recommend tapping it out because these generic hubs can usually be maintained just through the driver.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke