Rear Wheel Problems! Any Help is Very Much Appreciated!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/21/2015 4:17 PM

Okay, I've got a bunch of loose spokes on my rear wheel and I've never really tightened the real lose ones before, so I have a question.

If the bike (Right-side up) is facing AWAY from me so I'm standing in the back of the bike, do I turn the spoke wrench clockwise or counter-clockwise? Thanks!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/21/2015 5:14 PM

Just figure it out. Try both ways, and see which one tightens and which one loosens. You'll feel the spoke stiffen when it gets tight.

|

2/21/2015 5:23 PM

Clockwise

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

2/21/2015 5:36 PM

Carson373 wrote:

Just figure it out. Try both ways, and see which one tightens and which one loosens. You'll feel the spoke stiffen when it ...more

this....

hard as hell to explain it. but let me try

if your on the right side of the bike with the bike standing up right in a rolling position.

adjusting the spokes like this
/ - \
__V

will tighten the opposit way will loosen if your brakes are centralized, you can use a ziptie and increase the brake pressure and use it as a makeshift truing gauge... plenty of youtube videos on how to true. and use a spoke wrench

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/21/2015 7:31 PM

You just have to find a man named GOLD ROGERS to help on your quest, he is the all knowing bmxer that was sent to the gallows for having one piece!

|