Rear hub problems...PLEASE HELP!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2013 5:32 PM

I went to tighten my chain today and i loosened the nuts on my rear wheel and pulled the wheel back and tightened it.
Then i put the nuts back on and started riding and realized it was too tight. So i took the nuts off again and loosened it a bit.
But after i put the nuts back on and it was all good i spun the cranks to see if the wheel was straight and it didnt move! I have no idea whats wrong but when i spin then cranks backwards its really really hard to move and when i spin it forward its really hard to. Please help me out and give me some advice on how to fix it. I just got into bmx and really enjoy it so any information would be very appreciated. Oh and i know its not the BB cuz i took the chain off and the cranks spun just fine and freely.

|

7/29/2013 5:42 PM

You must have locked up the drive side lock nut. Okay, so take the rear wheel enitrely off. Undo the nuts that tighten the wheel to the bike. Now there should be the nuts that hold on the driver. All you have to do is either put an allen key in the end of the axle (if you have one, most do) and loosen the nut a bit. shouldnt be too tight> just enough so there is no wiggle. And if you dont have an allen insert on the end of the axle, you are gonna have a hard time. You gotta take another wrench to hold the other side and hope that doesnt loosen as you try to loosen the driver side lock nuts. It will take a while this way can can be a real butthole. Good luck!!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/29/2013 5:42 PM

Cone nuts too tight

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/30/2013 4:27 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You must have locked up the drive side lock nut. Okay, so take the rear wheel enitrely off. Undo the nuts that tighten the wheel to the bike. Now there should be the nuts that hold on the driver. All you have to do is either put an allen key in the end of the axle (if you have one, most do) and loosen the nut a bit. shouldnt be too tight> just enough so there is no wiggle. And if you dont have an allen insert on the end of the axle, you are gonna have a hard time. You gotta take another wrench to hold the other side and hope that doesnt loosen as you try to loosen the driver side lock nuts. It will take a while this way can can be a real butthole. Good luck!!

Thanks man! It spins nice and freely now but the wheel is a little wobbly any help on that?

|

7/30/2013 5:07 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Blake Gore wrote:

Thanks man! It spins nice and freely now but the wheel is a little wobbly any help on that?

Now you need to tighten them a little! haha They are too loose now. It takes a skilled hand to tighten them just right. Just to the point where it bites a little is how i would explain it. Just so right where it gets tight i guess. not too tight, only slightly.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/30/2013 5:12 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Blake Gore wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Now you need to tighten them a little! haha They are too loose now. It takes a skilled hand to tighten them just right. Just to the point where it bites a little is how i would explain it. Just so right where it gets tight i guess. not too tight, only slightly.

Ha alright thanks!

|

11/22/2013 1:58 PM

I am glad i am not the only one having problems with this right now. I can't get this lock nut to be just right

|

9/3/2018 5:47 PM

So... can i still ride it?

|

9/3/2018 5:49 PM

Dominic_Grigg wrote:

So... can i still ride it?

Wtf???????

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/3/2018 5:53 PM

What the hecc is going on here lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/3/2018 7:13 PM

readybmxer wrote:

What the hecc is going on here lol.

Pole dancing harley davidsons.

|