Rear hub sound

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2014 1:05 PM

Ok I know what u're gonna say : the sound doesnt matter, blablabla, and I know that...
I just want to know if is good for the hub to be without the grease (it sounds much louder)
And what would be the consequences
Thx!

|

3/5/2014 1:06 PM

It's ok, but it'll wear down the pawls faster.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

3/5/2014 1:14 PM

I mean your hub will be full of metal shavings which will destroy the bearings and ratchet ring, but who cares. Thats why they sell replacement hubs, right?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/5/2014 1:16 PM

But, what if I put like.. spray grease? liquid grease..

|

3/5/2014 1:27 PM

Any lubricant works for the most part. I use Teflon lube on my driver, which is a liquid lubricant. It works the best in my experience. Makes my drive train surprisingly smooth. It does need to be redone like every month or so however.
If you use a liquid you will need to use a fair amount of it (12ish drops) where as you only need a lick of grease. The thicker it is, the less of it you need and the less often you will need to change it, so I suggest just a dab of grease so that you wont have to regrease it hardly ever.
But honestly, it wont get any louder. 12 drops of liquid compared to just a tab of grease, silences it about the same.
I say invest in a pair of headphones. I never ride without mine, so I dont ever hear my driver anyway.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/5/2014 1:31 PM

Never ride without them neither, but as soon as i get into the skatepark, i take them off, i cant listen to music.. doesnt let me focus on what im doin

|

3/5/2014 1:45 PM

Why?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/5/2014 1:52 PM

Don't know.. I think I can't do two things at the same moment...
I listen dubstep mainly and im one of thoose guys who feels the music not only just for background...

|

3/5/2014 1:54 PM

Hahaha i see.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/5/2014 6:25 PM

I like the direction this thread could go...

|

3/6/2014 7:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2014 7:04 AM

You can always add an extra spring to your driver to make it louder

|

3/6/2014 10:47 AM

Or put sand.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/6/2014 2:20 PM

T-rider wrote:

Or put sand.

jajajaj buena esa

|

3/6/2014 2:23 PM

Hay gente que lo hace eee.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/6/2014 3:32 PM

estaan loocos, se joden el buje

|

3/6/2014 3:53 PM

kokyandrei wrote:

estaan loocos, se joden el buje

Tampoco tanto e, depende de cuanta eches, pero hay gente que compra los bujes solo por el sonido, por lo q les sale rentable.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/6/2014 6:44 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

I like the direction this thread could go...

is it the one where dubstep fucking sucks

and I tote pictured him riding his bike listening to it, and since he feels the music,once the wubbing hits, he just starts bobbing up and down and eats it... anyone else?

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/7/2014 11:46 AM

HHaha

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER