Rear wheel help

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2017 6:18 PM

I've tightened my wheel to the point that I was standing on the wrench(I'm like 150lbs). The wheel would start off being in line and the chain tight. But when I take a few cranks then the wheel goes out of line and the chain becomes loose

|

4/4/2017 6:23 PM

That's how you destroy bikes man.

|

4/4/2017 6:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2017 6:30 PM

Don't stand on wrenches smile jumping is even worse :D
I hate that but if you don't have chain tensioners buy them. Few bucks,not more.
Till then don't kill your bike but put something like a small bolt or whatever to fill the space between bot dropouts and hub. I can't express myself very good (not my native language).

|

4/4/2017 6:40 PM

Photo

on both side put the same width piece of hard rubber,nut or something. Not very desirable hack but it can hold a few days while chain tensioner arrives in your mail.

|

4/4/2017 6:44 PM

There,photoshop saves my bad english. smile It worked for me,I did that all the time. But again,be careful not to damage
bolt threads with whatever you put in.

|

4/4/2017 7:47 PM

OldDudeCruisingAroundDoingStuff wrote:

There,photoshop saves my bad english. smile It worked for me,I did that all the time. But again,be careful not to damage
bolt ...more

thanks for the help ill try

|

4/4/2017 9:31 PM

Are you using a washer between your dropout & axle nut/bolt? If not, there's your problem. Put one on and try, it should fix it. If not, then it could be something worse like a bent dropout or axle.

|

4/4/2017 9:57 PM

Just tighten one side at a time and push each side back a little each time

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider