Rebuild A Track and They Will Come!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2011 3:19 PM

Want to convince your local county commission of the best way to bring fresh money into your town? Tell them to build or rebuild a BMX track. I have watched the transformation of a track that was on the brink of bankruptcy turn itself completely around and prove to be a brilliant investment.

This is a story worthy of repeating.

Step 1: Show Initiative

Step 2: Make a Bold Move

Step 3: Hire Only The Best

Step 4: Enjoy Your Success

Step 5: Spread The Word

|

1/31/2011 3:22 PM

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

|

1/31/2011 3:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2011 10:12 AM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

this! racing is for little kids and mommas boys whose mothers come to the skateprk with their lawn chairs.

|

1/31/2011 3:33 PM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

this...

but kids in our town argued enough with the board and they finally built us a skatepark last year

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

1/31/2011 3:35 PM

This might sound harsh, but racers don't really fit in here.

|

1/31/2011 3:36 PM

to bad we dont race

|

1/31/2011 3:42 PM

the above posters must have never ridden a bmx track before... shit is legit

|

1/31/2011 3:45 PM

Awesome. I wish my town would do anything for the bmx, or action sports community in general. Glad to see at least one town out there putting forth the effort.

|

"I've had the 2 greatest corn dogs of my life, and I owe it all to BMX."

1/31/2011 3:46 PM

Sinister Game wrote:

This. I love zipping around the track about 50 miles away. Super fun.

|

1/31/2011 3:49 PM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

Beginners. Trails riders, people who fancy a change?

Riding race tracks is such a good experience and lesson in bmx. It teaches you to pump, jump dirt doubles etc.

Look at all the pros like Aitken, BF, Chase Hawke, Stephen Murray... all come from a racing background.

|

1/31/2011 3:52 PM

geoffb wrote:

ya lol berm to perfect huge tables ftw

|

1/31/2011 3:52 PM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

Aaron Ross?
|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

1/31/2011 3:53 PM

Sinister Game wrote:

geoffb wrote:

Sinister Game wrote:

At my track, there is this ridiculous double. I think it's supposed to be rollers, but if you hit them absolutely hauling you can make it.

|

1/31/2011 4:01 PM

geoffb wrote:

At my track, there is this ridiculous double. I think it's supposed to be rollers, but if you hit them absolutely hauling you can make it.

so much bike control to be learnt at a track...

|

1/31/2011 4:08 PM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

ChrisWilmshurst wrote:

Riding race tracks is such a good experience and lesson in bmx. It teaches you to pump, jump dirt doubles etc.

Look at all the pros like Aitken, BF, Chase Hawke, Stephen Murray... all come from a racing background.

all the kids i ride with came from racing, alot of kids do, just not me

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

1/31/2011 4:20 PM

Sinister Game wrote:

geoffb wrote:

Sinister Game wrote:

so much bike control to be learnt at a track...

this, theres 7 year old racers who can control a bike better than alot of ignorant 13 year olds.

so many pros have racing backgrounds and it makes them that much better.

|

1/31/2011 5:01 PM

I used to race. It's fun but it's not for everybody. I think for a lot of people if they've already started riding freestyle and then they try racing they won't like racing as much. That's how it was for me and a lot of other riders and friends I know.

|

1/31/2011 6:51 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

this, theres 7 year old racers who can control a bike better than alot of ignorant 13 year olds.

so many pros have racing backgrounds and it makes them that much better.

THIS, 9 year old kids beat the shit out of me in a racing track, i eat shit everytime i try to jump those tracks, i really suck at trails

|

Bike Check!!!!!!!

Im a peruvian motherfucker

1/31/2011 7:37 PM

we have a great track but its never open

|

ryan says: oi!Tobi can you do me a favour
tobi says:yeah what
ryan says: tag me as your bsd ghetto forks on facebook

1/31/2011 7:50 PM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

a lot of the people i know that are good at bmx also race. it might be cause they like it, or it might be cause there are more comp opportunities for money. so just change it to WHO WANTS TO GET PAID TO RIDE ANYMORE. i know there are a lot of freestyle comps, but not in our town at least

|

BIKE CHECK RIGHT HERE [:

twitter @burkminipup

refs: AndySubrosa8, spikez5, njbmxerdude, hcmike, TCbmx [x2], HenHouseSuprise, ScramHype [x2], Josh_Steinhauser, bstick, jb07, FreddyDapice

1/31/2011 8:32 PM

I started racing recently and I love it but its fucking expensive to be paying 12 bucks every time. What Ive taken from racing has definetly helped at the trails too.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

2/1/2011 4:40 AM

I'm a little surprised to hear that some BMX riders will argue against BMX racing. It's like saying, I like football but we don't need the NFL. No NFL means no commerce for the sport. No sports heroes or programs or products. No inspiring stories or shiny toys to play with. No commerce means the sport dries up and dies out.

|

2/1/2011 5:34 AM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

ChrisWilmshurst wrote:

this

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

2/1/2011 6:49 AM

the guy who owns the track near me got tired of being the only one who maintained it, so he's letting me and my friends turn it into an awesome dirt jump park. (pics sometime soon, when the weather gets a little better)... and racing and bmx is absolutely nothing like football and the nfl. im not arguing against it, the first thing i ever rode my bike on besides the streets in my neighboorhood was my local track, it teaches so much bike control, like how to pump and judge speed for jumps. all you people saying racing is for little kids or something like that are just ignorant

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

2/1/2011 7:12 AM

i've raced a few times. to many rules and shit

|

vital's redneck

2/1/2011 8:08 AM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

collin86 wrote:

this! racing is for little kids and mommas boys whose mothers come to the skateprk with their lawn chairs.

Go to a track and tell them that.

Seriously, racing is HUGE. You don't see it because you don't go to tracks. Half of the racers are more dedicated to their sport than you guys too, they drive all over the country, they exercise regularly, train constantly, and even eat healthy. What do you do? Eat junk food, drink tons of soda and crap, ride a few times a week, complain about others, and complain about things that are different.

No wonder the freestyle side doesn't get any respect. Kids with YOUR mentality towards anything different are the reason freestyle gets no respect. You tell someone what you do for fun, and most people look at you with disgust. Tell them you race BMX and they are thrilled to know more about it. Why is that? Because of shitty attitudes and ignorance, as well as kids legitimately being a nuisance around their towns riding stuff they shouldn't be, being assholes to security DOING THEIR JOB, and treating people terribly.

You guys complain that your towns never do anything for you (park/trails etc), but have you tried? Have you gone to your city's mayor and proven there is a need for a place? How about asking the city how to help pay for the park rather than saying "give us a park"? No, you haven't. That would require work on your part. It is much easier to just sit back and complain.

http://stcloudskatepark.com/Home.html

That is a link to the page for the local skate plaza they just built here. A kid went to the mayor a few years back, asked how to help the city get a place, then PUT IN WORK to get it. Now this town has a decent sized park. They raised like 130 + thousand dollars by getting donations from local businesses, the Tony Hawk Foundation, and numerous private citizens. The city offered up a dollar for dollar match to aid in it. Start up a non-profit and see what you can do. If you offer to help your city pay for it, chances are REALLY good you will get something. Then you will actually be contributing to the sport, rather than leeching off of it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/1/2011 8:33 AM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

collin86 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Seriously, racing is HUGE. You don't see it because you don't go to tracks. Half of the racers are more dedicated to their sport than you guys too, they drive all over the country, they exercise regularly, train constantly, and even eat healthy. What do you do? Eat junk food, drink tons of soda and crap, ride a few times a week, complain about others, and complain about things that are different.

No wonder the freestyle side doesn't get any respect. Kids with YOUR mentality towards anything different are the reason freestyle gets no respect. You tell someone what you do for fun, and most people look at you with disgust. Tell them you race BMX and they are thrilled to know more about it. Why is that? Because of shitty attitudes and ignorance, as well as kids legitimately being a nuisance around their towns riding stuff they shouldn't be, being assholes to security DOING THEIR JOB, and treating people terribly.

You guys complain that your towns never do anything for you (park/trails etc), but have you tried? Have you gone to your city's mayor and proven there is a need for a place? How about asking the city how to help pay for the park rather than saying "give us a park"? No, you haven't. That would require work on your part. It is much easier to just sit back and complain.

That is a link to the page for the local skate plaza they just built here. A kid went to the mayor a few years back, asked how to help the city get a place, then PUT IN WORK to get it. Now this town has a decent sized park. They raised like 130 + thousand dollars by getting donations from local businesses, the Tony Hawk Foundation, and numerous private citizens. The city offered up a dollar for dollar match to aid in it. Start up a non-profit and see what you can do. If you offer to help your city pay for it, chances are REALLY good you will get something. Then you will actually be contributing to the sport, rather than leeching off of it.

doesn't that plaza not allow bikes?

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/1/2011 9:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2011 10:43 AM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

collin86 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

well said.

|

2/1/2011 10:24 AM

^_^ wrote:

WHO RACES ANYMORE?

collin86 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

THANK YOU!

|

2/1/2011 11:07 AM

Just me,but I think the whole point of this thread was if you want something get off your dead azz and make it happen.

|

MVGA