Recommendations for a Rear Rim

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2017 1:07 AM

As per topic title, I'm looking at getting a new rear wheel and will be lacing to a Profile mini cassette. I'm looking for a rim that will stand up to punishment but is also very light.

What's everyones thoughts?

|

2/9/2017 4:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2017 4:59 AM

G-Sport Ribcage or Rollcage, Odyssey 7KA or Hazard Lite, Kink Orion, Demolition Zero, Alienation Runaway

Any of the above should be fine.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/9/2017 6:22 AM

For a very light rim, I recommend the Sun Rhyno Lite XL (14oz)
very sturdy construction and the eyelets help with overall rim durability
Now I will preface it and say that while i ride flatland, I do lots of whoppers (bunnyhop tailwhips) and the thing is extremely straight for never truing it

The Gsport Rollcage and Sun Big Baller would be my 2nd/3rd choice (16 and 19 oz respectively)

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

2/9/2017 9:33 AM

Odyssey or g sport. Or alienation felon. I'm running a pair and they're freakin awesome

|

2/9/2017 9:35 AM

I've got bird cage rims front and rear and they really nice so i like those

|

2/9/2017 9:36 AM

Odyssey Aerospace.

|

2/9/2017 5:35 PM

G-Sport Ribcage or gtfo

|

2/9/2017 5:50 PM

Zeros for me.

Welded seam, double wall and that's about all ya need.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/9/2017 6:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2017 7:00 PM

Any rim that has stood the test of time. There are a lot that have been around for 10+ years. That's a good sign, when the design has never changed. Hazzard lights, 7ka, demolition zero, most sun rims...There's more. And g-sport is always good. Of course

|

2/9/2017 6:53 PM

Alex triple wall , g sport rims or a bone death rim

|