Red rims for a BMX bike

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2013 7:37 PM

Okay so I just got a WeThePeople Justice 2012 . I got red grips on it , and i want red rims , red pedals , and a red stem . What are some cheap red rims that i could get , preferably for the same price I could sell my rims . I have a SALT “AM” rim, aero single wall, 36h and a SALT “AM” rim, straight single wall, 36h . How much could I sell these rims ? And how much could I buy red rims for ?

|

5/4/2013 7:44 PM

Nobodies gonna pay you more than 2 dollars for single walled rims off a used stock bike. Sorry bro. but if you're looking for red rims on the cheap side that are not great but still better than your current ones, look into Alienation rims.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/4/2013 7:44 PM

Just keep the rims you have.. It won't be that big of a deal, just wait until they break.lol

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/4/2013 7:45 PM

BMXism wrote:

Nobodies gonna pay you more than 2 dollars for single walled rims off a used stock bike. Sorry bro. but if you're looking for red rims on the cheap side that are not great but still better than your current ones, look into Alienation rims.

Damn . Alright thanks dude .

|

5/4/2013 7:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2013 7:47 PM

yeah ride em till they're dead. Why not get a spray can and paint them yourself?

If you still wanna buy stuffs then.. these are on sale

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/4/2013 7:49 PM

Cause I seriously want this bike to look sick . Thanks though , I think i'm gonna get the Alienation Black Sheep rims .

|

5/4/2013 7:50 PM

Would that work ? Like how would it look ? Also what does single walled rim mean ? Sorry i'm new to all this bike stuff .

|

5/4/2013 7:55 PM

I'd just save up and buy a better rim. Like the demolition zero or something like that or just get black rims like odyssey hazard lite or any other rim.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/4/2013 7:59 PM

The demolition's look sick , but i'm broke , barely got enough for the Alienation rims .

|

5/4/2013 8:01 PM

DavidAbraham wrote:

Would that work ? Like how would it look ? Also what does single walled rim mean ? Sorry i'm new to all this bike stuff .

It's how many walls or layers of metal the rim has inside. More walls for more strength. although triple is strongest, most BMXers today use double.
Photo

|

5/4/2013 8:03 PM

Ok, you want red stuff, try this kit.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/4/2013 8:03 PM

Check this out Not the best wheel but its a lot better than single wall. Im assuming you dont know how to lace wheels so you might as well buy complete wheels since getting them laced is expensive.
|

References - jared42069

5/4/2013 8:05 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Ok, you want red stuff, try this kit.

lol why would they make the chain and sprocket match, that'd look weird.

|

References - jared42069

5/4/2013 8:43 PM

I have the redline monster kit in red and it looks really good. its an anodized red. rims are alienation black sheep with generic hubs but they are fully sealed. good kit for the money.

|

5/4/2013 8:48 PM

I think i'm gonna get alienation black sheep rims , how much would it cost to lace them ?

|

5/4/2013 9:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2013 9:17 PM

DavidAbraham wrote:

I think i'm gonna get alienation black sheep rims , how much would it cost to lace them ?

It varies from shop to shop. Ask your local shop. You can also read or watch how to's on youtube. I built up my first wheels and have gotten pretty good at it since. It's tedious work, but fairly easy when done correctly. But i don't recommend building them yourself if you're not willing or just don't want to mess them up.

My local charges $40 to lace and true, each wheel.(lacing is putting the spokes in, trueing means to make straight after it's been laced) Maybe lace it yourself, make sure it's right and have a shop true it? That could reduce the price a bit.

|

5/4/2013 9:23 PM

DavidAbraham wrote:

you could send your wheels to dans and have them do it for 15$ per wheel

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/5/2013 12:29 PM

Just get the ones from vein the guy put the link for.

|

text me for faster response 7742720929.

Refs- bmxscout48, easternbikes28, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Mybike1986, Funky chicken

5/5/2013 12:51 PM

Thanks for all the help everyone , i'm just gonna stick with the Alienation Black Sheep rims .

|

5/5/2013 4:10 PM

DavidAbraham wrote:

It's like 10-15 per wheel usually.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/5/2013 4:17 PM

andyferly wrote:

When I first started gathering the parts for my wheels, I asked my local what they charge for spokes and lacing, they said $1 for spokes, $1 per spoke to lace. I built them myself.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/5/2013 4:20 PM

DavidAbraham wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

When I first started gathering the parts for my wheels, I asked my local what they charge for spokes and lacing, they said $1 for spokes, $1 per spoke to lace. I built them myself.

Hahaha what the hell.
Uhm yeah I would like my wheel laced.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

5/5/2013 4:48 PM

andyferly wrote:

Hahaha what the hell.
Uhm yeah I would like my wheel laced.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

That reminds me of the radial laced Next wheels.

|

5/5/2013 8:14 PM

I think dans comp still has Hoffman rims for like $20

Spray paint?

Odyssey rims come in red

|

fack off

5/5/2013 8:15 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

I think dans comp still has Hoffman rims for like $20

Spray paint?

Odyssey rims come in red

They discontinued the fire red a while back.
They still have ano red I think.

|