Redline Asset 24 brake mount broke.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2019 10:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2019 10:14 AM

Ive had this bike for 1 year and I KNOW its not high quality. However I must say this bike is quite tough, even the single walled rims take a beating.

However the rear brake mount failed, the weld didn't hold. The threaded insert moves inside the frame.

Do you think some JB weld could fix this up? For now Im riding brakeless at the bmx track and skate park but I love riding this bike on taco rides and around town. But I need a brake for that.

I opened a ticket with diamond back who now warranties these, but they don't answer the phones. So who knows if they'll help me out or not.

Is there a better option for a 24" bmx that is built better? I could go 26" if I have to but 24" seems to be a sweet spot.

I do think this is a decent bike maybe mine just had this 1 defect?

|

9/3/2019 12:24 PM

you could try to get someone to weld new brake mounts on the chainstay or v-brake mounts? a new bike sounds sweet though, I say get it!

https://www.sundaybikes.com/bikes/2020-completes/model-c/2020-model-c-24-gloss-toothpaste-22-tt/

|

It’s all bmx

9/3/2019 2:05 PM

https://www.redlinebicycles.com/warranty has a 800 number listed. I'm sure you tried that and got redirected to DB but thought i'd throw it out there.

redline / diamond back / Raleigh are all part of the Accell Group. You could try to google a different contact for them.

If you bought the bike from a shop, take it back and talk to them. They often can get through to warranty quicker and easier. (but not always..)

If none of that works, I'd JB weld it. I got one dollar that says that would work if done correctly.

|

9/4/2019 6:35 PM

I really liked the sunday model C but its has hi-ten steel in it. Granted the redline is chromoly but I doubt 4130 so who knows. I do have the soundwave complete so it would go good with that!

Quick update, I finally got through and they sent me a new asset 24. Didn't have the dark blue so I got the lighter 2020 blue version. I think some chrome cranks and hazard light rims will make this bike.

ITs a bit hard to manual as the chain stay is long but it makes for a good jump as I don't loop out so easy.

If this one breaks will cut my loss and try Sunday!

|

9/10/2019 10:03 AM

Homie that is definently fixable by a decent sparky. Just find someone to Tig weld it for you. Prolly cost you 60 bucks or so though. Good cup walkers ain’t cheap.

|