Redline Device G7 Crank Installation?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/30/2015 8:24 AM

I got a good deal on some Redline G7 cranks. I Already had thunderbolts but I decided the deal was so good i couldn't pass it up. It was literally 80$ to get some brand new cranks that I always wanted to try.

So they have a standard 2.5 piece design. I was going to just use my rubber mallet and some brute strength and obviously a lot of grease, but I figured there was probably a better way. What sort of installation tool would I use and what's the BEST way to assemble them?

I mainly just want to know the not ghetto way to do it and what installation tool works with them? and maybe the removal tool as well if there is one.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/30/2015 8:37 AM

Slide the spindle/drive side arm into the BB, and slip the crank arm on the other side. If it is a standard (non-giant bolt) a standard crank installer "SHOULD" work.

Or if you have a rubber mallet, use that to tap it on.

I had Eastern Nomads, and they were similar, with a different non-drive spline setup. It was a pretty simple install.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/30/2015 8:59 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Slide the spindle/drive side arm into the BB, and slip the crank arm on the other side. If it is a standard (non-giant bolt) a standard crank installer "SHOULD" work.

Or if you have a rubber mallet, use that to tap it on.

I had Eastern Nomads, and they were similar, with a different non-drive spline setup. It was a pretty simple install.

I'll just use my rubber mallet then haha I wanna find a crank puller though. As long as I don't have shitty luck and stuff i wouldn't need it immediately. I have some Redline Device G6 cranks (the "affordable" model) that were a real bitch to install and they gave me multiple sclerosis. But hopefully these are good. I figured they would be because they're like the nicest ones I know of other than Thunderbolts.

They must install like the Eclat Tibias.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.