Redneck FLT

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2018 9:15 AM

Anyone have this stem? I was wanting to ask some questions on it.
First off, I noticed there weren't any pinch bolts, basically does this stem use solely nothing but a compression bolt to stay in place? How does it keep from slipping?
Second off, how does the stem feel? Is the stem responsive?

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

3/29/2018 9:27 AM

Photo

Looks to be pretty responsive. Mind you, this is a Flatland stem and I don't know that's it's designed to withstand jumping/heavy impacts.

Looks especially nice for a flatlanders though! Cool design as well.
|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/29/2018 9:40 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote: Photo

Looks to be pretty responsive. Mind you, this is a Flatland stem and I don't know that's it's designed to withstand ...more

Yeah, I'm intending to use it for my flatland stuff, however, interestingly enough, it's wildly popular as a race stem. It seems like it uses the front pinch bolts to push against the forks using the bars to hold it in place.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

3/29/2018 1:32 PM

I had a simple stem years ago that tightened in the same way. It never slipped, but it did crush my fork steerer a bit.
It's pretty similar design to the odyssey elementary (never heard anything bad about them myself), or the T1 cyclops (which looks awesome, but awkward and pointless at the same time).

For flatland I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine, especially with the short reach.

|