Regarding Animal...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2015 10:01 PM

Saw this last night, forgot to make a post about it.

Adam22/OnSomeShit tweeted a screenshot of the post saying even he has no idea how much of this is true so don't take it as fact until there's confirmation, as of now it's just added speculation that Animal's sadly gone down the shitter more as Scerbo left recently too.

link to original post

Okay this is what I heard from a bike shop locally who sells Animal.

Ralph sold Animal a while back to a company who will more about their clothing line than bike parts. Animal will be a mall brand being sold at your local Zumiez. I knew that there wasn't a year that would go by where Ralph didn't see the company going out of business. In a discussion I had with a good friend of mine on who pretty much was in charge of the Animal team at the time I asked,"how can Animal not make that much money?" Everyone had their tires at the time, GHL's or TWW's, they dominated the peg market, and almost every kid on the East Coast had an Animal Griffin fitted and a DVD.

But I guess it wasn't enough, Bob saw where the company was going and being the real ass dude that he is stepped away before shit got corny. Bob treats BMX the way we all should, he loves it to death. He claims he would go insane without it. Scerbo doesn't need to hold Animal up on his shoulders anymore and he can ride more without his bookbag which he loves.

Like I said I don't know if its true that Animal was sold to a dude who is going to sell it in your local mall, but it seems like a good enough reason to step away from a company that represented true East Coast street.

As for the Bob Bars, I still don't get why they fucked with them. Since the 6 pairs of OG Bobs I let out over the years after the announcement that they were not going to be remade vanished from my friends houses. I got a pair of Big Four bars. Sure they aren't as perfect as OG Scerbos which I had been riding off and on from 2005. But they still look bad ass, and feel great, they are just a tad easier on my back.

Now I don't know how much of this shit is true, I was fixing a flat at my local shop on Friday and he was like DID YOU HEAR, ANIMAL IS GONNA BE A MALL BRAND! So don't shoot the messenger, I have friends on the team who I don't want to lose a paycheck."

So, the gist of it is Animal is supposedly going to be something you see sold at malls like how you see some skate board items sold in stores at the mall (Think Fishbone) I guess? I wonder if that includes small parts like grips or just solely clothing.

Again none of this confirmed although it seems likely they are indeed done since mailorders are out of stock on several Animal products. Even Edwin grips which used to be plentiful are now almost sold out in all colors except black, blue & white. Bummer, guess I'll have to stock up on GLH tires. Not to mention they were supposed to be coming out with new products awhile back that never dropped (of course, that was speculated to be delays from manufacturers or something last time a thread like this was made)

so idk, I'd hate to see them go though.

What are your thoughts on this?

|

5/7/2015 10:27 PM

Probably won't be the last company that ends up like that

|

5/7/2015 10:45 PM

Or the first company... http://www.mongoose.com/usa/roots/

Sounds like animal is becoming to cool to be cool now...

|

5/7/2015 11:14 PM

Selling at zumies is gheeeeeeeeeey

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/8/2015 5:35 AM

Damn, that's depressing. I liked their parts more than clothes.

If that is true of course. Some people take hear say and it changes.

I blame Nigel Sylvester. If not for him they wouldn't even care about the clothes as much. The clothes are ugly and shit. I liked the GLH tires too. Bummer.

It's whatever because there are definitely more companies out there that make just as good parts, it's mainly nostalgia and stuff that keep it going without much change.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/8/2015 7:26 AM

I had a pair of their jeans, they were nice til I blew out the crotch.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/8/2015 8:59 AM

Going to panic buy glh tyres and edwin grips now, fuck bills.

|

5/8/2015 9:30 AM

Bummer. But companies come and go. I would bet there was some underlying issues. They seem to sell TONS of stuff, so maybe some bills overtook or some money miss-managing or something?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/8/2015 10:00 AM

Well then.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/8/2015 10:17 AM

Get ready for animal completes with plastic chain guards!

|

5/8/2015 11:32 AM

If this is true i am going to cry....a lot.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/8/2015 12:02 PM

I would really hate to see them go. I own nothing Animal except for the Edwin grips which I barely rode. They were great grips fresh out the box. Long Live Animal

|

@krusty_krew

5/8/2015 4:08 PM

My Big Four's are <3.

I'm gonna stop using them and mount them up on my wall.

Looks like i'm getting some daily grind bars.

But i'm not sure if i should support daily grind bmx for advertising drug use on their edits. lol

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/8/2015 4:36 PM

one try kid wrote:

My Big Four's are <3.

But i'm not sure if i should support daily grind bmx for advertising drug use on their edits. lol

Just be backward about it, don't tell anyone your bought the bars. And be a closet supporter. Keep it in the DL. Buy a fancy sticker from another company and put it on the bars.

|

5/8/2015 5:03 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

Just be backward about it, don't tell anyone your bought the bars. And be a closet supporter. Keep it in the DL. Buy a fancy sticker from another company and put it on the bars.

Nah man..

I have their front hubs and it's legit as fuck (that was before they posted that clip slicing up some coke).

I have a hard-on for anything from Ohio <3.

Like they said... "Ohio is for lovers" <3

|

But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/8/2015 5:06 PM

if you check back on that thread now Navaz cleaned up the mess a bit. i just bought a bunch of GLH and TWW's just in case though and i'm putting up my stockpile of animal stickers all over the place to show support. luckily with the big tire trend i was able to still find 2.0's and 2.1's for super cheap!

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

5/8/2015 5:22 PM

one try kid wrote:

Nah man..

I have their front hubs and it's legit as fuck (that was before they posted that clip slicing up some coke).

I have a hard-on for anything from Ohio <3.

Like they said... "Ohio is for lovers" <3

Your hard-on for anything from Ohio's about to get a lot stiffer within the next few days.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/8/2015 6:45 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

if you check back on that thread now Navaz cleaned up the mess a bit. i just bought a bunch of GLH and TWW's just in case though and i'm putting up my stockpile of animal stickers all over the place to show support. luckily with the big tire trend i was able to still find 2.0's and 2.1's for super cheap!

Just read that, good catch cause I probably wouldn't have checked back there haha.

Hopefully that means they aren't actually going down then.

|

5/9/2015 12:03 AM

I heard that they over extended them selves when they and skav where getting the skav frames built which has fucked them over really hard financially

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/9/2015 3:34 PM

one try kid wrote:

My Big Four's are <3.

I can say nothing but good things about their bars. Geo is great, thick as hell tubing and solid welds from what I can tell

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/9/2015 3:37 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

I can say nothing but good things about their bars. Geo is great, thick as hell tubing and solid welds from what I can tell

nice...

i just might go full shopping spree on dailygrind goods and get the rear hub guards and bars.

but not right now

|

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/10/2015 6:39 AM

I miss the og scerbo bars

|

fack off

5/10/2015 8:33 AM

I knew Skanvenger would do this, the frames had all the "wrong" specs for most kids now adays.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/10/2015 10:00 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I knew Skanvenger would do this, the frames had all the "wrong" specs for most kids now adays.

I have only one complaint about my skav. The brake mounts suck. Other than that it is perfect, not tech though.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/11/2015 6:38 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Going to panic buy glh tyres and edwin grips now, fuck bills.

The glh and tww tires have been out of stock for at least a month. You may be able to find glh in 1.9 and tww on 2.0 but nothing bigger in the US.

|

5/11/2015 6:45 PM

Dan'scomp has those two tires in stock (on clearance too).

|

5/11/2015 6:49 PM

Check the sizes.

|

5/12/2015 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2015 7:54 AM

u may disagree but having BMX parts in a mainstream mall might be the best thing for the company and any exposure the average person gets to BMX is better than no exposure. It might actually help bmx a little bit. I know the BMX scene is tight and we don't want a bunch of lame kids who know nothing to run the scene but its a lose lose situation. Either we deal with a bunch of fuckboys riding BMX or our companies go under.

|

Rails not Trails

5/12/2015 9:03 AM

RapandBMX wrote:

u may disagree but having BMX parts in a mainstream mall might be the best thing for the company and any exposure the average person gets to BMX is better than no exposure. It might actually help bmx a little bit. I know the BMX scene is tight and we don't want a bunch of lame kids who know nothing to run the scene but its a lose lose situation. Either we deal with a bunch of fuckboys riding BMX or our companies go under.

Agreed, you gotta start somewhere on the path to the elitist bmx'er type person with da bestest of the best parts.

I miss my huffy

|

5/12/2015 6:32 PM

RapandBMX wrote:

I'm more worried that they won't be making parts anymore and will be a clothing only kind of thing with the riders on Animal not benefiting from any of this at all.

As long as they're still getting a paycheck and parts are getting made, I'd be fine with them being in malls. I wouldn't personally like it since every yoloswag douche bag would be buying them for extra swag points, but at least that money's going back into the company ya know?

|