Relacing?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2016 10:17 PM

The BSD front street hub is on sale at dans for $44 and the kink atlas rims are a $20 from $60 so i really want to get them but i dont know if i want to relace. I might be able to have dans lace the front one but with the rear i would need to relace it myself because the bike shop here charges $60 for relacing one wheel. How easy is it to relace and true a wheel? Is it worth it to save the money and take the spokes off or should i get new ones and cut them off?

|

2/9/2016 10:23 PM

It's not too hard, but you could just get Danscomp to build your front wheel, then do the rear yourself.

Are you just replacing the rim on your rear wheel? If so (Assuming the spokes will still be the same length) there's a very easy way to do it. Just loosen all the spokes, then tape the new rim to your old one side-by-side with the holes all corresponding to each other, then move each spoke over to the other rim, then you just need to tighten/true it.

|

2/9/2016 10:41 PM

There's a pattern to it. If you get it wrong you'll have hours of ball ache. Give it a go though, the worst that will happen is you'll have debuild it and start again. I've built literally hundreds of wheels and can talk you through the pattern if you want?

|

2/11/2016 5:19 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

There's a pattern to it. If you get it wrong you'll have hours of ball ache. Give it a go though, the worst that will happen ...more

Not now, thanks Im not getting them now but am just looking for when i do. Im gonna ship it all down to CA when i go because shipping to Alaska is kiler.

|