Remaking my bmx bike.Help.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2013 8:33 AM

So I decided to start bmx again after 4 years(I was 14 back then). For now I can only bhop and I'm practsing manual and fakie.

I know nothing about bmx and that's why I came here for help/advise/reccomendation on some parts.(Grips, Seat etc)

This is the bike I'll be using for a while. Even if it's not good(I don't really know, that's what I have!).

This is what my bmx bike used to look like:
[GT ZONE 2009-10 if I'm not mistaken]
Photo

Well I like it but it's not like the bmx bikes you see in here and drool from epicness.

That's why I decided to "destroy it" and remake it. I need your help on this.

That's the frame I'm going to rapaint tommorow or the day after. I need suggestions for the color.
Photo

The fork(It was on the bike so it's gt) it is propably going to be black or white. Depending on the frame color.
Photo

The bars, I need help on which I should use(I'll repaint both the same as the fork). The white is the gt and the other a veeeeery old bullet I had.
Photo

and some other parts.... The cranks weight almost the same as the whole frame!
Photo

To sum up:

I want color suggestion, just tell me compinations or whatever.

I want you to tell me which of the two bars are better. Maybe they both suck but between them which is better.

I want you to reccoment me Cranks, Grips and Seat.
and maybe sprocket?

Thanks in advance smile

|

8/4/2013 9:29 AM

I'd spray the frame either black or dark green if i was you. for cranks I'd go for BSD substance. Just up grade parts when they brake though.

|

8/4/2013 9:47 AM

ill leave color choice up to your own personal taste, but how much money you planning on putting into those cranks?
for a seat id say a premium collage pivotal, grips id say Cult Vans (although they do wear out a fair bit, dont ride the with gloves)

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/4/2013 10:59 AM

Keep the gyro, ride with gloves, upgrade wheels, you can always use good wheels

|

8/4/2013 11:12 AM

eskimojay wrote:

this and also get the stander to intergrated headset off of dans

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/4/2013 11:47 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

ill leave color choice up to your own personal taste, but how much money you planning on putting into those cranks?
for a seat id say a premium collage pivotal, grips id say Cult Vans (although they do wear out a fair bit, dont ride the with gloves)

I don't have problem with the money since I was working all summer >:D

I'll check the other parts, thank you smile

|

8/4/2013 11:49 AM

Liam82 wrote:

I'd spray the frame either black or dark green if i was you. for cranks I'd go for BSD substance. Just up grade parts when they brake though.

I was also thinking of dark green, I'll check the cranks.
Thank you !

|

8/4/2013 11:51 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I think you are right about the wheels. If you have any reccommendations feel free yo tell me :p

|

8/4/2013 12:37 PM

Minas V wrote:

I don't have problem with the money since I was working all summer >:D

I'll check the other parts, thank you smile

in that case id get either some Eclat tibia cranks, i like em alot & ive never heard of anyone breaking them
other good cranks might be the stolen teams, primo hollowbites, or kink pillar

|

Insta: @devicacy