Remove cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2018 3:09 AM

How the hell am I supposed to remove those STOLEN cranks. They sit so god damn tight.

Photo

|

8/14/2018 3:11 AM

Are you having trouble removing the bolt or the arm?

|

8/14/2018 3:14 AM

WiteMic wrote:

I am having problem with this cap (The one where Allen key is inserted into). Same problem from other side.

|

8/14/2018 3:16 AM

Might have to spray some wd40 in the small space around it. Also, if you have a pipe, put it on the allen arm and use it for leverage.

|

8/14/2018 3:16 AM

WiteMic wrote:

Spindle bolt is just too tight

|

8/14/2018 3:25 AM

Put the allen key all the way in and hit it with a rubber mallet ...

|

8/14/2018 3:27 AM

Move the Allen key in so it's closer to being in line with the crank arm (but not actually in line), pull them away from each other. Once it's loose, undo it by a few threads then hit the bolt inward with a rubber mallet

|

8/14/2018 4:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 4:36 AM

Definitely soak it in WD40 or some kind of anti seize. I've seen those bolts round off a number of times. Heat also works on seized bolts on cars, maybe that's worth a shot if all else fails. I used a blow torch on my pedals after my bike had been sitting in a shed for 7 years, it did the trick but I also didn't care about damaging them.

|

8/14/2018 8:10 AM

Yeah yeah put alot of WD40 on it and use a pipe on the allen wrench for leverage

|

8/14/2018 8:33 AM

Rubber mallet

|

8/14/2018 9:02 AM

Worse case scenario, get a butane torch & heat the bolt. Then carefully use the hex key to remove it. I'd try a penetrating oil first.

|

8/14/2018 9:23 AM

Steroids

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/14/2018 9:24 AM

But for real, grease the bolts dude... shit gets seized if you dont grease it...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/14/2018 4:08 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Worse case scenario, get a butane torch & heat the bolt. Then carefully use the hex key to remove it. I'd try a ...more

Hmmm, penetrating oil...

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/14/2018 8:24 PM

Make sure you're spinning the correct way too. Left Loosey righty tighty isn't the same for cranks; it is the opposite, so spin to the right. Also, I just picked up a set of socket allen wrenches and they changed my life. Having the leverage of a ratchet wrench to crank shit down is amazing!

|

8/14/2018 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 8:51 PM

King_Maker wrote:

Make sure you're spinning the correct way too. Left Loosey righty tighty isn't the same for cranks; it is the opposite, so ...more

Bovine excrement. That's only true for pedals and unsealed BB's. And even in that case, the crank arm pictured is the righty tighty one. Please refrain from giving advice that leads to rounded bolts.

|

8/14/2018 10:34 PM

King_Maker wrote:

Make sure you're spinning the correct way too. Left Loosey righty tighty isn't the same for cranks; it is the opposite, so ...more

Don’t listen to this that’s for pedals

|