Removing stickers

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2016 4:44 PM

Haha this is a stupid question but I'm just curious what people think about stickers and if they like them on their bike or like their bike with no stickers.

|

I swear to drunk i'm not god

6/21/2016 7:18 PM

Depends what stickers

|

6/21/2016 7:19 PM

I'm pretty sure a solid 90% of all BMX bikes in existence have stickers on them, at least just one. Whether on the frame, forks, bars, wheels, wherever.

If you want to remove them, try getting the majority off if it's a crusty sticker, then spray in WD40 and rub the remaining sticker with a cloth. If you're lucky, the whole sticker will slide off in one piece.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/21/2016 7:42 PM

Depends on the stickers. Usually I run em for a while, then take em off. Sometimes I put more on.

I actually have a bunch of random ones floating around at home I have yet to stick to something.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/21/2016 7:57 PM

for me, it is only the factory logo stickers, or anything else that was put on at the factory...

I put any other stickers on the back of my car, my drum practice pad, or my instrument and amp cases

My old van...this thing toured all over the country with my band
Photo

my current Rav4....not as much room as the van, but the collection has started...
Photo

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

6/21/2016 10:39 PM

The amount of punk rock band stickers on that van is fucking sweet , stickers on vehicles to attract un needed attention from cops to though

|

6/21/2016 11:34 PM

I don't like stickers anywhere on my bike. But if I had an anthem sticker that would change.

|

6/22/2016 6:05 AM

eskimojay wrote:

The amount of punk rock band stickers on that van is fucking sweet , stickers on vehicles to attract un needed attention from cops to though

well, I never really do anything to break the law so I never worry about that. I have nothing to hide. Was never stopped for the stickers, though it did come up the 2 times I got stopped for speeding. The cop just asked if they impeded my rear view mirror. I let him sit in the driver seat to see, and it was no problem.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

6/22/2016 10:03 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

well, I never really do anything to break the law so I never worry about that. I have nothing to hide. Was never stopped for the stickers, though it did come up the 2 times I got stopped for speeding. The cop just asked if they impeded my rear view mirror. I let him sit in the driver seat to see, and it was no problem.

Had the same situation happen and the cop was pretty cool about it, I posted my car in another thread but im too lazy to look it up right now haha

I run very few stickers on my bike since its a raw frame and I feel stickers would look tacky.
Pretty much running simple white ones on my top and down top and a small collage of sticker on the headtube

Photo

Current Stickers
@thecmpnybmx
Gunther (the penguin from Adventure Time)
Deadmau5
Odysseybmx
Theshadowconspiracy
FTL (elephant) (shout out to Billy Perry)

As for removal of stickers usually goo off/ goo gone works, its oily so make sure to clean the area after use. WD40 works but it requires alot of scrubbing. Gasoline works best if there's nothing else.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/22/2016 7:05 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Had the same situation happen and the cop was pretty cool about it, I posted my car in another thread but im too lazy to look it up right now haha

I run very few stickers on my bike since its a raw frame and I feel stickers would look tacky.
Pretty much running simple white ones on my top and down top and a small collage of sticker on the headtube

Photo

Current Stickers
@thecmpnybmx
Gunther (the penguin from Adventure Time)
Deadmau5
Odysseybmx
Theshadowconspiracy
FTL (elephant) (shout out to Billy Perry)

As for removal of stickers usually goo off/ goo gone works, its oily so make sure to clean the area after use. WD40 works but it requires alot of scrubbing. Gasoline works best if there's nothing else.

looove the raw frame!!! The white graphics look really good on it as well

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

6/22/2016 7:13 PM

I don't mind them on other peoples bikes unless they're placed horribly... like a random sticker dead center of the top tube looks fucking ugly in my opinion. I like mine clean with minimal stickers, used to be a lot of random stickers though or a sticker collage on my top tube/seat tube junction.

Right now I only have 5.

1 Little Devil Brand sticker across my handlebars
1 Lotek sticker on the right leg of my fork
1 RidePAbmx sticker on the left leg of my fork
1 !GB! sticker on the left side of my downtube right next to the BB shell
1 Little Devil Brand sticker on the right side of my downtube, again right next to the BB shell

|

6/23/2016 8:12 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

looove the raw frame!!! The white graphics look really good on it as well

Thank you :D

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!