Replacing frame

Related:
Create New Tag

5/25/2017 1:57 PM

Hey guys, my bike has basically become mostly custom after building it up from a complete. I have a Sunday blueprint 2016, the things that I changed are the...
New grips
Stem bolts
Front wheel
Back wheel (freecoaster)
Sprocket (pinch bolt)
Cranks
BB

So basically if I bought a new frame, what would I have to do? I understand the building part, I just have an integrated headset and seat/seatpost. I have an American bb, but I do have the spindle and mid bb set that came with my cranks. Any help is appreciated.

Also I'm not sure how the new frames are with integration or if I'll need to buy a headset and whatnot

|

5/25/2017 2:57 PM

It should all just swap over, using the bb you got with your cranks

|

5/25/2017 5:19 PM

u goood may need to switch bb but eh wait and see should be a direct swap homie should take like 20 minutes

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/25/2017 6:46 PM

If you put the mid bb in your new frame, everything else will swap over. Not really sure what the question is though.

|

5/25/2017 7:30 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

If you put the mid bb in your new frame, everything else will swap over. Not really sure what the question is though.

I just wasn't sure if I needed to buy a headset because my frame now has an integrated one. And my seat and post is integrated as well, wasn't sure if it would come out or not

|

5/25/2017 7:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2017 7:58 PM

amant20 wrote:

I just wasn't sure if I needed to buy a headset because my frame now has an integrated one. And my seat and post is integrated as well, wasn't sure if it would come out or not

If your current frame has an integrated headset, and your new/next frame has an integrated headset, you can swap the headset internals from the old frame to the new, *though I would personally just buy a new headset.

"Integrated" in the case of a headset means that instead of pressing cups (that hold the bearings et al) into the headtube, you can just plug and play the headset bearings (and the other bits) directly into the headtube. The headtube accommodates the bits and bearings by virtue of the headtube's machining, instead of those pesky aforementioned cups.

Having said all that, be mindful of your fork and what type of bearing race configuration it has. Modern, aftermarket forks [generally, always now, dare I say] have integrated bearing races. Some stock forks off of completes may not. Internet that. You'll see.

The integrated seat clamp, on the other hand, is permanently part of the frame; you can't switch that over. No worries, though. When shopping for your new frame (from a reputable dealer), the seat clamp style will be clearly described in the frame's description. You can also just look.

*ETA: My preference for buying new bearings instead of swapping. Meh.

|