Resurgence of front brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2021 4:25 PM

If more front brake options and forks came out do you think you would choose to ride them?? My uncle makes motorcycle frames and wants to know the demand for front brakes as pretty much only odyssey has front brake forks

|

10/13/2021 4:44 PM

The new hoffman condor complete I seen has them , decent looking bike , I rode front brakes
for a few years , they are quite a challenge I found

|

10/13/2021 5:43 PM

Front brake brethren for life. Haro, colony, s&m, and standard make front brake forks

|

It’s all bmx

10/13/2021 10:32 PM

I rode fronts for about a year back in 2013-14. Would love to try them again.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/14/2021 7:54 AM

Been riding front brakes for a while now. Super fun doing nosepick fakies.

Photo

|

10/14/2021 8:50 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Front brake brethren for life. Haro, colony, s&m, and standard make front brake forks

Add WTP Utopia to the list, which also allow for wider tires too..

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

10/18/2021 4:37 AM

I am seeing more clips of younger dudes rocking em.

I hope so, front brakes are rad! I am on the fence about tossing mine back on. I think after some frame paint or a replacement I will. I want to grab a new fork for them though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/18/2021 8:34 AM

I've had front brakes on all my street bikes forever. In fact, I was one of the "early adopters" as I came back to riding from back when front brakes were a standard practice so it seemed natural to continue on where I left off.

|

10/18/2021 1:22 PM

loritz02 wrote:

If more front brake options and forks came out do you think you would choose to ride them?? My uncle makes motorcycle frames ...more

In your question it sounds like you may be alluding that there is a market for your uncle to begin making BMX forks?

I'd guess it is more profitable for him to stay in the motorcycle world than try and dive into BMX.

If there becomes enough demand for front brakes don't expect all the other brands to ignore the wave and not start making forks with mounts. They will in a heartbeat.

|

10/18/2021 3:02 PM

Charlie Crumlish has front brakes in a couple clips in a newer edit. I think there is a lot of potential for fun.

|

My mom thinks I’m special

10/19/2021 7:10 PM

loritz02 wrote:

If more front brake options and forks came out do you think you would choose to ride them?? My uncle makes motorcycle frames ...more

SoCalShreds wrote:

In your question it sounds like you may be alluding that there is a market for your uncle to begin making BMX forks?

I'd ...more

Hahaha yes I definitely agree it is more for fun tho

|