[Review] Odyssey Elementary V3 Stem

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2009 8:09 AM

Aright, this stem gets a bad rap for slipping bars and crushing them and just being a plain P.O.S. Aside from all of this I bought one. When I first got it it was somewhat "good" but it would slip constantly and this was because my bar's knurls were worn out, because of the slips I would just crank down on the stems bolt...big mistake. Next day I realize oh shit I've crushed my bars, which isn't too suprising since I had like 8 threads of bolt out the other side. Which is my fault really...

After getting a new pair of bars and greasing wedges and all I finally got to use the stem without any bullshit.

Pro:
-Looks "schweet"
-Lightens up the front end a bit
-Holds good IF installed correctly
-Knee friendly
-"Its made in Germany, you know the Germans make good stuff!"

Cons:
-Crushes Bars easily
-Paint scratch almost instantly when putting bars in the stem
-Kinda expensive

|

8/22/2009 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2009 8:16 AM

nice i was thinking about getting one do you think it is worth the money

|

-Let me tell you something about you that you don't know...
-I don't like Fit.
-BLRBMX thought I was 23. Silly kid.
-Facebook

8/22/2009 9:32 AM

did u really just quote the sham-wow dude??

|

(\__/) CRACKA!!!!
(='.'=)
(")_(")

8/22/2009 9:41 AM

I have it, it slipps alot.

I tightend the shit out of it too

|

Fly Bikes

8/22/2009 9:45 AM

DD33^_^ wrote:

did u really just quote the sham-wow dude??

He's my hero. Sometimes you just have to slap a ho!

Nice review.

|

8/22/2009 9:53 AM

yes yes yes!!!^^^^^^^ i got the v2.. that thing is good luck, got it brand new in the box fer 30 at a garage sale.. then put it on my bike and it fit perfectly and dropped the weight to 23 on the dot, i landed my first 5 cab with it and for some reason took it off to try a topload the day my bike got stolen so i still got that badboy

|

(\__/) CRACKA!!!!
(='.'=)
(")_(")

8/22/2009 9:58 AM

Then i probably crushed my bars? I have so much thread on the other side. Imma look.

|

Fly Bikes

8/22/2009 10:02 AM

so is it worth the trouble?

|

NEXT bikes all god damn day

8/22/2009 10:12 AM

fitbikecole wrote:

so is it worth the trouble?

yeah.

|

8/22/2009 12:29 PM

Don't buy that piece of shit dude... I threw mine the fuckin garbage like three nights ago..I have a fit dl stem and I took that off for some reason and decided to put my v3 on and I was stoked after I put it on .. It looked sweet it was nice and airy.. I went out side hopped a stem height bush and instant slip.. My bars slipped so far back it was outta control... For the money its hella not worth it.. That tightening system is a fucking pain in the ass too wtf man... Its weak and wack.. The regular designed stems with four bolts holding the bars and two tightening to the forks are the best design.. U can buy that stolen stem that's like thirty bucks and it will hold up better then that shitty ass stem anyday.. I like odyssey but that pait fails harcore..

|

team fatcats fer life.

8/22/2009 12:42 PM

I have serious beef with this stem!

|

team fatcats fer life.

3/11/2010 7:12 PM

i was about to buy this stem but i found the snafu splitter stem, worth every fuckin penny, this things amazin and its like 9oz or somthin. but before i got it i had the primo anneyilator on and its good to weighs in at 7.9 oz and the only reason i got the splitter is cas i fucked the shit out of it for for throwin my bike out right on it lol but either stem is worth it

|

3/11/2010 7:13 PM

biker30 wrote:

i was about to buy this stem but i found the snafu splitter stem, worth every fuckin penny, this things amazin and its like 9oz or somthin. but before i got it i had the primo anneyilator on and its good to weighs in at 7.9 oz and the only reason i got the splitter is cas i fucked the shit out of it for for throwin my bike out right on it lol but either stem is worth it

really dude....? dead thread...

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

3/11/2010 7:17 PM

biker30 wrote:

dont resurrect the dead bro

|

I'm Tim.

3/11/2010 7:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2010 7:25 PM

it slip so much worst stem ever looks nice though but its a peace of shit get the fit stem

|

its always sunny in Arizona
== l)_.._(I==/__/ ====== pika pika
==(o^_^o)=Z__7=====
==("____")Z7=======
= =" == " =========
haters hate. get use to it .

ON 7/12/10 I GOT TO TALK TO AARON ROSS. I WILL ALL WAYS REMEMBER BEING THAT STOKED.

3/11/2010 8:07 PM

go cry somemore its still a stem and its the shit my v1 has NEVER slipped

|

united states army

refs:nshs2010, carjakester,8=D,orgy,dallybiker45,RedCrayon,Southernrider,thor_davis, Andysubrosa8,gstring02,dirtjumper202,bdk1313,blake el gingero(x2)

3/11/2010 9:12 PM

biker30 wrote:

last post was in august...which means dont post on it

|

Bike Check
#Merica.

3/12/2010 3:25 AM

Too much work for me. I'd rather have a "set and go" stem, tighten four faceplate bolts in a star pattern, two steerer bolts alternating, then never touch it.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

3/12/2010 5:35 AM

probably the worst stem u could ever buy i traded my drive stem for it and that was a horrible trade i figured it would slip a couple times it didnt slip but it got stuck on my bars nothing would loosen up and i hate it so much i had to pay 20 bucks at a bike shop for them to take it off and after they got it off the owner took every one of the elementary stem he had in stock and sent them back to odyssey because he was tired of kids having problems with them

|

Have you ever noticed the word bed looks like a bed